In Search Of..strawberry Shortcake From The Original Cakerie

Baking By K1976 Updated 12 Nov 2010 , 3:33am by sweetbaker1019

K1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
K1976 Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 5:51am
post #1 of 8

Hi all. This is my favorite dessert of all time. Has any body else here had it? In Denver I can get it at King Soopers. In Texas, H-E-B is the only store carrying it and it's the most expensive, $8.00 for a small piece. The cake looks like a tall stack of different layers of whipped cream, sponge cake, pureed strawberries and some kind of mousse? The pic on their website looks better. If anyone knows of a copycat recipe for the strawberry shortcake from the Original Cakerie (that's what the label says), would you be so kind to share it with us here. I'd be forever grateful not to mention the money I could save making it for my family. Thanks so much in advance.

7 replies
K1976 Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 8

Please anyone? I believe it's sold in Canada too.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 3:39am
post #3 of 8

Sorry, I've never heard of it.

sweetbaker1019 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker1019 Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 5:44am
post #4 of 8

hi there k1976!

I know exactly what your talking about !! I work at albertsons as the cake decorator! (not my ideal job but its a job lol) anyways i dont have a recipe for it but i have been meaning to try one out.

What i would do is just get a basic vanilla sponge cake recipe and strawberry puree recipe and the mouse is bavarian creame mouse (im pretty sure) so i would get all those and put them together.

start with the sponge then strawberry then sponge again the mouse and then a thin layer of whip cream or however you would like to layer it icon_smile.gif I think it would work! i have a sponge recipe if you would like it ! just let me know

Hope this helped!

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 6:12am
post #5 of 8

haven't heard of the product, but color me intrigued! Is this it?

I'll have to hunt one down next time I'm at HEB!

K1976 Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 8:21pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you much for your responses! SweetBaker1019, I would love to try your recipe. You're so kind for sharing.

K1976 Posted 11 Nov 2010 , 7:39am
post #7 of 8

I've googled Bavarian creme mousse but can't find one recipe. Sweetbaker if you have that one too-I'd love to try it. TIA

sweetbaker1019 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker1019 Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 3:33am
post #8 of 8

hey! so i was going to look for the book that has the sponge cake recipe and i left it at a friends house! lol so give me till tomorrow and ill get it to you and i will aslo look for the mouse recipe icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%