Need Help, Princess Cake/dirt Bike Cake...

Decorating By aleeouway Updated 22 Oct 2010 , 8:50pm by CakelynsFinest

aleeouway Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 7

I will be making a princess cake and a dirt bike cake at the same time and I need a little help on both. Anyone know of a great butter cream frosting for the princess cake. I purchased the 3 princess toppers and will be using mini bundt cakes for the dresses. If you can picture it. I know exactly how to decorate it. The last few times I have made butter cream frosting it was runny. I did not even put in the milk. I have looked it up before but would like direct information and steps to make it right. I want to use a shortening base with butter flavoring. I tried it without actual butter one time and well I could only get that texture of the shortening and over powered the butter flavoring. With the dirt bike cake I would like to make jump for the dirt bike and want the dirt bike to basically be in the air, does anyone know how I would be able to. I know it seems well easy to but I want to make sure I have what I need before I attempt to make the cake. Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

6 replies
VickeyC Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 2:27pm
post #2 of 7

I have found that I like Tonednas recipe. icon_biggrin.gif You can find the recipe and a tutorial on her site. . I had been using the wilton bc recipe, but never got the desired results. Her recipe is awesome and the tutorial is great as wekk. HTH thumbs_up.gif

jones5cm Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 2:45pm
post #3 of 7

I agree with VickeyC's suggestion for your BC...super recipe and Edna's tutorial will take you step-by-step thru making it and it's perfect everytime!
You can attach a rather heavy gauge wire (depending on the size of your dirt bike) to the bike and then insert the other end of the wire in a straw in your ramp. Let me know if you don't understand what I mean. HTH!

aleeouway Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 7

The very first time I used the Wilton recipe I know I messed it up. It tastes great just I made it runny. Thanks! Also with the wiring when I buy the dirt bike I will have to look in the craft section The wire I think your talking about would work wonderful. Thank you. I know in th fake flower section they have wiring that might work.. The cake is for a 5 year old I dont think he would judge. I just love making cakes icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

jones5cm Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 3:09pm
post #5 of 7

You'll do fine with it (you already know your supply sources!) Let us know how it works out for you. Yep, caking is addictive...just like this websiteicon_smile.gif

aleeouway Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 3:20pm
post #6 of 7

Same here, I joined this morning and I'm glad I did. I will posts pics when finished! icon_smile.gif

CakelynsFinest Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:50pm
post #7 of 7

I like to use Indydebi's buttercream that can be found on this site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%