Hi i am making two cakes and both have to be delivered on the same day could anyone tell me how long is the shelf life of this recipe i found it on here, i have made it many times and its fabulous, im still learning to cake decorate i have to do a lighting mcqueen and a female torso so i am stressing about it on how im going to do both at the same time as it takes me a very long time to do all this so if i bake cakes sat and freeze them and decorate one with fondant how long can the mud cake last under fondant here is the recipe Good ¡®ol Aussie mudcake ¨C this recipe has been used for years ¨C WELL over 15! It is a moist, dense cake that has great shelf life and is PERFECT for carving. Torted and ganached under fondant ¡ mmmm mmmm
PAM¡¯S CHOCOLATE MUDCAKE
20cm round ¨C Double quantity does 24cm round 2-1/2 inch deep
250g unsalted butter
200g dark chocolate
1 tablespoon instant coffee
1-1/3 cups warm water
1-1/2 cups self raising flour
1 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Grease and line base and sides of cake pan with one thickness of baking paper, bringing paper 5cm above side of pan.
2. Combine chopped butter, chopped chocolate, coffee, and water in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Cool 15 minutes. Transfer mixture to bowl of mixer.
3. Add caster sugar to mixture and beat well until dissolved. Add sifted flour and cocoa, lightly beaten eggs and vanilla.
4. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
5. Bake at 150¡äC for 1 to 1-1/2 hours. Test with skewer. Cool cake in pan.
so how long can this cake last under fondant thank you
With fondant,,3 days
My madeira cake recipe keeps fresh for 2 weeks under fondant, and is a similiar recipe to this, 3 days seems very short to me! Maybe the best way to find out would be to bake a small cake, cover and the test freshness over a few days - this way you know without a doubt how well the cake keeps.