Rainbow Character Cake Help

Decorating By khyvari Updated 22 Oct 2010 , 7:06pm by EmilysCakes

khyvari Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 4:01am
post #1 of 5

Hello,

I'm wanting to do a rainbow cake inside a Thomas the Train cake pan mold. I was wondering if anyone has successfully done a rainbow cake inside a character mold, all I can find on the web are just plain square or circle ones....Its for a kids b-day and i think it would be fun...im sure the colors will run a little weird in some of the indentations on the bottom and im ok with that....just wondering if anyone has tried and liked the outcome!

thanks!

4 replies
yummy Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 5

I don't think there would be a problem. What might make it more successful is if you figure out how much of each color your going to need to fill that pan. With character pans they say it takes one cake mix right? Personally, I would make 2 mixes together and also make cup cakes or freeze the leftover batter to make sure I have enough.

Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 5

Just color a white or french vanilla mix or whatever recipe you use.Separate the batter into 5-6 bowls and color each bowl accordingly.Start pouring colors in each section moving fairly quickly so it doesn't spread too bad...Keep layering the colors.

shkepa Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 5

I have done this in lots of shapes like they said just seprate color and pour no matter how it goes in once cute it will be the needest design not nessacraly rainbow but more tie die style

EmilysCakes Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 5

I agree with yummy. I just did this last weekend in a guitar pan. I made two white cake mixes and then separated the batter into 6 sections and colored them. Then I put them in one at a time. With the leftover batter I made 4 tie dye cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%