Ok Not Fishing For Comments....but

Decorating By madgeowens Updated 24 Oct 2010 , 1:08am by UpAt2am

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 2:10am
post #31 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaCakes10

Totally fishing! It's ok, gotta get some attention somehow. There are so many awesome cakes here, I don't know how everyone gets thru them all.

I was not looking for attention, I was looking for points of view from people who may see what I am not........love my cake central fellow cake decorators ops......

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 2:20am
post #32 of 49

You did good Madge...you made a little girl very happy...and that's all that matters! I have the Duff wires, but haven't used them yet...they look so heavy and I keep thinking they might tear through the cake. I need to give them a try. Looks like you're getting good use out of your cricut??

Great job! thumbs_up.gif

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 2:31am
post #33 of 49

I think you struck a good balance. Nice job. I'm sure she loved her cake.

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 2:38am
post #34 of 49

i wouldn't touch it it look's really cool and i thing the girl will love,

madgeowens Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 2:58am
post #35 of 49

srkmilklady
They are heavy, in fact I had to take them out and make stars for those places for added support, so your right they are heavy, I don't think I would use them again....unless someone specifically asked for them.

Thanks everyone.

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:12am
post #36 of 49

Thanks Madge...maybe I can get a refund! LOL.. icon_lol.gif

madgeowens Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:25am
post #37 of 49

lol..........now why didnt I think of that hahaha

countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:50am
post #38 of 49

I've never heard of Duff wires. How are they different from regular wire? Are they safe to stick right into the cake?

Teecakesandcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teecakesandcookies Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:55am
post #39 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaCakes10

Totally fishing! It's ok, gotta get some attention somehow. There are so many awesome cakes here, I don't know how everyone gets thru them all.

I don't think KarmaCakes was trying to be ugly she was saying it's so many cakes your cake may get missed. Hopefully thats what she was saying ALL of the cakers are so friendly I don't think she was trying to be mean. and no I don't know her just my op. I think the cake is nice I have those wires and can't figure out what to do with them, many of us are still learning so lets all be nice icon_lol.gif

madgeowens Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 4:21am
post #40 of 49

countrycaker..I e mailed duff and asked if they were food safe and they said they are......they are quite heavy and will tesr the cake, o I used stars made of fondant as a bit extra for the wires to grip....I also found out you need to use gumpaste because the fondant stretched and falls off....thats all I have figured out so far....

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 4:32am
post #41 of 49

thanks. I was just going to buy some duff wires, so now you've done the hard part and when I do use them I won't have a problem. Glad the birthday girl loved her cake! I'd have been over the moon if I got a cake like that at her age.

madgeowens Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 5:16am
post #42 of 49

Thanks Apti....she loved it....glad I could help....

I did an experiment with red fondant using jello...its really nice feels like modeling chocolate, and I am not sure what I used in it ugh....

countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:50pm
post #43 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

countrycaker..I e mailed duff and asked if they were food safe and they said they are....

Where do you buy them at? And do you think they are worth the money?

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 4:15pm
post #44 of 49

You can put melted candy melt into a straw and then stick the wire into the straw while the candy melt is still soft and kind of "cement" it in. Let it harden completely and then stick the whole thing into the cake. That'll keep the wire from tearing the cake and it protects the cake from the metal wire.

I haven't tried this myself, but I saw it posted here and it sounds like a great idea to me. I use a lot of coffee stir type straws to stick the wires in and then put it into the cake. They don't make such a big hole in the cake.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 4:26pm
post #45 of 49

Looks great..I think it you put less wire it would look like it's missing some
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

madgeowens Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 11:59pm
post #46 of 49

wow thanks Edna....hearing you comment on a cake of mine is....like Christmas icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 12:36am
post #47 of 49

Hey--I know I'm late to the party but I really liked it with all the wires. Great work!

madgeowens Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 12:53am
post #48 of 49

K8memphis.....thanks so much....now its really a party!! haha

UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 1:08am
post #49 of 49

i like all of the wires too! from a girl who cheered for a good 15 years of her life, i love it!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%