Ok Not Fishing For Comments....but

Decorating By madgeowens Updated 24 Oct 2010 , 1:08am by UpAt2am

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 2:22am
post #1 of 49

Do you think its over kill with the amount of wires I have on this cake?

ok pic wont upload here...here is link instead
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1841548

48 replies
jagvipers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jagvipers Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 2:37am
post #2 of 49

Cute cake! I would take 2 off; go with 5 or 7. If you question something - there is a reason! Go with your instinct! icon_smile.gif

madgeowens Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 2:41am
post #3 of 49

Yes I think your right.....it just seems a bit much to me...thanks for helping me

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 3:14am
post #4 of 49

WOW! madgeowens, I think it looks great just like it is. love it. love the colors.

madgeowens Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 3:24am
post #5 of 49

lol thanks thats what my family says too...I am not happy with this cake, everything went wrong....thanks for making me feel better icon_smile.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 3:46am
post #6 of 49

I love it as it is. That many wires just adds to the excitement.

madgeowens Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 4:09am
post #7 of 49

Its for a little girl who will be 11 tomorrow and I wanted it to look celebrate woohhoo...and excitement...so I appreciate that.....so many things went wrong I was worried .....I like to know what others see....after you look so long its like you can't see...well i can't I guess, thanks

obsessed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
obsessed Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 4:22am
post #8 of 49

I like it...alot!

madgeowens Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 4:38am
post #9 of 49

I have almost 2oo views on my pic page and not one comment lol.....but you all have helped me out with your honest ops, thanks a million

lacklin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lacklin Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 5:01am
post #10 of 49

Cake looks great! I love the colors. But I agree, I would take off a few of the wires. Less is more.

MissFluff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissFluff Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 5:09am
post #11 of 49

I think it's awesome like it is. icon_surprised.gif Looks very tasty and pretty! icon_biggrin.gif

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 5:47am
post #12 of 49

I'd go with 5.

madgeowens Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 4:05pm
post #13 of 49

thanks everyone.....I guess I need to go look again....I think a few less maybe better too

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 4:17pm
post #14 of 49

I kinda like that it has MORE wires than you'd normally put, it kinda gives the feeling of excitement and fireworks shooting off or something! I like it!

BluntlySpeakingKarma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BluntlySpeakingKarma Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 4:36pm
post #15 of 49

Totally fishing! It's ok, gotta get some attention somehow. There are so many awesome cakes here, I don't know how everyone gets thru them all.

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 5:02pm
post #16 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

I have almost 2oo views on my pic page and not one comment lol.....but you all have helped me out with your honest ops, thanks a million

that's b/c we are commenting here, LOL......cake looks great &

HERE'S A TIP (I'm gonna go add it to the "tip/secret" thread after I say it here.......DO JUST WHAT YOU DID

TAKE A PICTURE OF IT!!!!!!!!!

I don't know HOW MANY times I've let one go "out the door" only to later look at the pics & say "WHAT!?!?!?!" lol.....I didn't see that or so & so!

You did a good thing stopping, looking, stopping & taking a pic & looking..helps you know "what it's missing" (so to speak)

madgeowens Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 7:52pm
post #17 of 49

Daltonam Yes ....do you know I can stare at it for an hour, see nothing then take a pic and put it on my computer and then its like OMG how can you miss that lol...you are so right about that

I decided to just let them all on and let them decide when I gave it to the mom...she likedall of them...like its more exciting!!
I appreciate all of your imput and Karma I would expect no less from you as always

BluntlySpeakingKarma Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:02pm
post #18 of 49

I don't get it. I was saying that was ok, doesn't everyone do that once in awhile? I really am genuinely confused.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:16pm
post #19 of 49

You know, I have to agree that in this case I like the 'more wires' look. Simply because it conveys the 'pumped up' enthusiam of cheerleading. Not that it wouldn't be good enough with just 5 or 7, if you went that route it would be just fine as well, but I don't think it's too overkill-ish at this point. Especially for an exuberant young lady... she's going to see it as upbeat and super fun. She probably won't think 'wire overkill lady...what's WITH you!?' Haha!! nice cake though. I like!! icon_lol.gif

Butterpatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterpatty Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:18pm
post #20 of 49

I like the number of wires also. It conveys exuberance, excitement, and peppiness (uh, is that a word??). Adorable and perfect cheerleader cake.

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:36pm
post #21 of 49

great cake, great colors!

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:43pm
post #22 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaCakes10

I don't get it. I was saying that was ok, doesn't everyone do that once in awhile? I really am genuinely confused.

I guess I thought y'all were friends & she's joking around with you.... icon_smile.gif

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:59pm
post #23 of 49

I like more wires on this one! It looks cheerful and full of energy. Just like the little cheerleaders on the bottom tier.

BluntlySpeakingKarma Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 9:01pm
post #24 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonam

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaCakes10

I guess I thought y'all were friends & she's joking around with you.... icon_smile.gif

Never talked to her in my life, that's why I was like, uh what? icon_cool.gif

Emmar308 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmar308 Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 9:03pm
post #25 of 49

Have seen KarmaCakes10 make quite a few negative comments on various topics, am coming to the conclusion she / he / it is a troll...

Anyhooooo, i reckon the 'excess' of wires looks great and i love the colour combo. Good job done.

countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 9:06pm
post #26 of 49

I like it how it is! Very cute cake! Lucky little girl who you made it for! thumbs_up.gif

BluntlySpeakingKarma Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 9:06pm
post #27 of 49

Well, actually I have been very helpful and supportive, especially in support of people charging more and making money for their hard work. Sorry if a few posts were not so nice, my apologies.

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 9:16pm
post #28 of 49

I like the "double wires" on some of the balls.

I vote leave all the wires. Looks good.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 12:26am
post #29 of 49

I think the cake is cute with all the wires. I like it. What are the black ropes with the balls on the ends?

madgeowens Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 2:05am
post #30 of 49

The black ropes were my praise to sugarshacks topsy turvy cake....lol.....only my fondant was terrible and they were losing the braid....I love her tt cake and thought I would use that idea, but I think it was not the best haha.......however...the little girl says I am the next Cake Boss so I am thrilled that she loved it!!!

You were all so helpful....in the end I left it up to her mom and she loved all the wires....

Melvira I know I am not confident at all at this...thats whats with me lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%