White Butter Cake

Baking By KayMc Updated 2 Nov 2010 , 3:11am by -K8memphis

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 4

Have any of you made the cake recipe from Whimsical Bakehouse called White Butter Cake? I'm on a mission to find a fabulous white cake recipe, and was wondering what any of you thought of this one. I was happily using the WASC (with oil) and loved it, until the box mix content appeared to be altered by the manufacturer. I don't want to be at the mercy of an unknown manufacturer, so I want to find a scratch white recipe that is just as good as the WASC recipe.

Any thoughts? If not this White Butter Cake recipe, any others I need to try? I'm open to any suggestions!!

3 replies
myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 2:54am
post #2 of 4

I haven't tried that. There is a scratch version of the WASC that supposed to be comparable. The thread is posted on here somewhere

loves2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loves2bake Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 3:00am
post #3 of 4

It is the egg yolk that makes the cake yellow so if you used egg whites and pale butter in your recipe, you could easily have a moist white cake.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 3:11am
post #4 of 4

I use the Sylvia Weinstock yellow cake--I leave out two egg yolks and use butter & real vanilla & it comes out like a white cake. I really like that recipe. I don't separate the eggs & whip the egg whites--I just add 'em in.

http://homecooking.about.com/od/cakerecipes/r/blc13.htm

Plus I typo'd it once transcribing it into my recipe book and I use 2.5 cups of flour. Works for me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%