Doubting The Cake Design, Don't Like Having Free Reign....

Decorating By KakesbyKris Updated 22 Oct 2010 , 12:21am by AmysCakesNCandies

KakesbyKris Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 11:41pm
post #1 of 2

I have a 2 tier baby shower cake for this Saturday. I have been given free reign for the design it just needs to be for a boy and a jungle theme in BC. What I decided was to make some animals in GP. The top tier(6") would be green with vines, leaves, trees, the lion on top and a giraffe head peeking out. The second tier(8") I thought I would do in Blue BC, for a boy, and airbrush black zebra stripes on it. Then the hippo would be in a "pond on the cake board. The more I think about it the more unsure of the blue background I am. I searched for pics here on CC and there is a whole lot of pink zebra and even some green but little blue. So now I am doubting my ideas. I like having someone tell me an idea and then surprising them with extra touches but this free reign is stressing me out!

Any ideas would be great! TIA!

1 reply
AmysCakesNCandies Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 12:21am
post #2 of 2

In my opionion I dont think the blue would be an issue as much as the zebra print. They way I'm picturing it the zebra print would make it very "busy". Maybe continuing the vining & leaves into the blue or treating it as a extension of the pond with some lilly pads.

Quote by @%username% on %date%