I Have Had A Terrbile Day! I Know You All Can Relate....

Decorating By luvbuttercream Updated 23 Oct 2010 , 5:22am by madgeowens

luvbuttercream Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 11:15pm
post #1 of 11

So tomorrow is my daughters 10th b-day party. I have been planning this day for months all the details down to a tee. I am throwing her a Bella style party like from Twilight New moon in the movie her b-day is all pink roses and candles everywhere her cake is a 3 tier cake with 5 shades of green fondant striping and Gerber daisies. I was making my daughters to replicate but a 2 tier I had it iced and stacked and I dropped it!!!!! icon_cry.gif

Now my week has been off as well I started a new job and as I have been out of the work force for over 10 years I am still trying to get into the swing of things. I miss my babies... But it will all work out.

My problem solving was to get a cake just one 8 inch from a local grocery store undecorated and then decorate it myself. shhhh. I feel like I am betraying myself an d everyone else but I have no time to bake 4 more cakes and do it all over again not to mention I don't have the $$$ to do so either. Anyway I am glad I had the option of picking up this cake and doing this the lady was dumbfounded but I am glad I had a cheat.

Sorry so long just had to vent.

10 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 11

Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do..Don't beat yourself up over buying a ready made cake....Your daughter won't care...

debbief Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 10:18pm
post #3 of 11

Sooo sorry you dropped the first one. Don't feel bad at all that you had to buy one to decorate. I can tell your heart is really in it. Your daughter should be very happy. Sounds like it's going to be an awsome party! thumbs_up.gif

Apti Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 10:20pm
post #4 of 11

The only reason you are so bummed is that you have been planning this for months. Your daughter doesn't care about the cake, mom! She loves YOU and will be thrilled with her Bella party.

GL79 Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 10:27pm
post #5 of 11

Sorry that happened to you.
If it's not to late, is the cake still salvagable to where you can make cake pops or cake balls? That can be another option.

mom2twogrlz Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 10:30pm
post #6 of 11

My heart breaks for you. I know how much my cakes mean to me and to my girls. I went back to work awhile ago after taking 6 years off to raise my girls. It was the hardest thing I ever did. Luckily for me it was just a temporary job and I am back at home, doing what I love.

But like everyone says, it will be ok. She will still love you, and the cake. I have learned it is your effort that they love, it's the fact that you did it. It doesn't matter that you needed a little help this time, it matters that she has a cake her mom made special for her!!!! And I bet no one at the party will know the difference.

ILoveDaffodils Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 10:49pm
post #7 of 11

Oh I am so sorry that happened to you. You have a lot going on in your life so don't stress over a ready made cake. I am sure the party will be fabulous and your daughter will love everything. Don't forget to have some fun at the party.

Bubbl3h3ad Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 10:49pm
post #8 of 11

I have had that scenario flash through my head every time I carry a cake anywhere. I am sure one day I will write about it here and you can comfort me! I'm truly sorry that happened. I'm sure the cake will be beautiful because YOU decorated it. You sound like a terrific mom thumbs_up.gif

luvbuttercream Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:22am
post #9 of 11

Thank you all for being so suuportive and consoling. The party just ended and all went well but everyone knew the cake wasn't made by me which honestly made me feel better I explained what happened and people were understanding and at the same time dissapointed because they didn't get a piece of 'my' cake which made me feel pretty awesome. My daughter had a wonderful party and said everything was beautiful.

Apti Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 4:29am
post #10 of 11

Thanks for letting us know the party was a success! And now you know how much they like YOUR cake! Tell the birthday girl "happy birthday" from all of us.

Years from now you and your girl will laugh about this and probably remember the "birthday cake that never was" more than you'll remember all the other birthday cakes that were successfully created.

madgeowens Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 5:22am
post #11 of 11

Oh what a sweet story........I am sorry you dropped your cake but it sounds like everything was wonderful in spite of that...and your a really good mommy..thanks for sharing your story....Happy Birthday to your baby, and I Love Twilight...go see them with my grandson icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%