How To Make A Lap Top Computer Cake And Cupcake Topper

Decorating By elainem51 Updated 25 Oct 2010 , 4:43pm by shelbell2482

elainem51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elainem51 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 5

Hello, Would someone share instructions or a blog ect..... on how to make a lap-top computer cake? I do not understand how you attach the monitor part and get it to stay vertical.......I am also looking for a pattern or idea for a laptop cupcake topper out of fondant or gumpaste....Thank you so much!

4 replies
ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 2:47am
post #2 of 5

Look in the gallery, there is all kinds of cakes in there and maybe you can pm the person

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 5

I used foam core board and l brackets. I just colored the L-brackets with a black sharpie and since the monitor part was black fondant and the brackets were on the back anyway. Held up w/o any issues. Pic is in my photos.

shelbell2482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbell2482 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 5

When I made my laptop cake, I got my hubby to make me a thin wooden base for the laptop which was made up of a horzontal bottom and the monitor wasn't a straight vertical, I had him make it so it looked as though it was leaning back. He has to put some small wedges in to hold it up but it worked really well. I made the bottom part, (the keyboard) out of cake and covered in black fondant. I made all the keys individually and stuck them on after. I placed the laptop on top of a larger half sized sheet cake, tis would be the bit they would eat. Worked really well. Think it's in my photos have a look.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%