How To Make A Lap Top Computer Cake And Cupcake Topper

Decorating By elainem51 Updated 25 Oct 2010 , 4:43pm by shelbell2482

elainem51 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 5

Hello, Would someone share instructions or a blog ect..... on how to make a lap-top computer cake? I do not understand how you attach the monitor part and get it to stay vertical.......I am also looking for a pattern or idea for a laptop cupcake topper out of fondant or gumpaste....Thank you so much!

4 replies
ninatat Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 2:47am
post #2 of 5

Look in the gallery, there is all kinds of cakes in there and maybe you can pm the person

FullHouse Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 5

I used foam core board and l brackets. I just colored the L-brackets with a black sharpie and since the monitor part was black fondant and the brackets were on the back anyway. Held up w/o any issues. Pic is in my photos.

shelbell2482 Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 5

When I made my laptop cake, I got my hubby to make me a thin wooden base for the laptop which was made up of a horzontal bottom and the monitor wasn't a straight vertical, I had him make it so it looked as though it was leaning back. He has to put some small wedges in to hold it up but it worked really well. I made the bottom part, (the keyboard) out of cake and covered in black fondant. I made all the keys individually and stuck them on after. I placed the laptop on top of a larger half sized sheet cake, tis would be the bit they would eat. Worked really well. Think it's in my photos have a look.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%