Kim Kardashian's $1 Million Dollar Cake

Lounge By Kellbella Updated 24 Oct 2010 , 2:40pm by KathysCC

Kellbella Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 16
15 replies
Herekittykitty Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 16

No kidding. You can bet it's being donated too, not paid for, since there is a record on the line and all.

icon_rolleyes.gif

tootie0809 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 11:15pm
post #3 of 16

The cake isn't worth a million dollars, the diamonds they are putting on the cake are. I'm sure all the diamonds will be returned to the jeweler. I'm sorry, but it seems kinda silly to me. But then again, it's Kim Kardashian, so what else can be expected?

kaylynndo Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 11:32pm
post #4 of 16

WTF! i need to see this cake!!! i wonder which bakery is making it

theonlynameleft Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 11:41pm
post #5 of 16

Followed the various links from this website through to eventually ending up at Kim Kardashians official blog where she says its a big load of rubbish and she isn't having any further birthday celebrations or a million dollar cake.

reginaherrin Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 11:47pm
post #6 of 16

You know I am so tired of these rich "celebrities" that spend money on stupid stuff like a million dollars worth of diamonds on a cake. Especially since there are people out there that are unemployed still and can't afford to even buy the necessaties. If the diamonds are loose, what is going to stop people either from accidentally eating one or taking one home? I don't care if there is a record on the line, people like this should be ashamed of spending money like this when they could do something meaningful and helpful instead.

JessDesserts Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 12:05am
post #7 of 16

Oh how many things I could think of to do with a million dollars to help people that are in need that dont include a birthday party for an so-called celebrity.

mareg Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 12:23am
post #8 of 16

If its true that is just crazy. People are starving and all her talk about charity is B.S.
I hope it's just hype.

Occther Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 12:25am
post #9 of 16

If I could keep a few of the loose diamonds, I would bake it and decorate it for her!!

all4cake Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 12:59am
post #10 of 16

I don't believe anyone is actually spending any money (not outrageous amounts like a million bucks anyway) on a cake except for the bakery that would be making the cake...

(as for the starving kids...God bless them...those who keep the food and funds from reaching them should be ashamed...I don't believe, not for one second, that they're starving because someone got a million dollar cake or that there's lack of donating...if the money said to be being spent on this cake were to be donated to starving kids, the chances of them benefitting from it in the degree that that much money should affect them, is limited. red tape and government bs keeps help from reaching those that need it. MMHOO)

reginaherrin Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 4:18am
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

I don't believe anyone is actually spending any money (not outrageous amounts like a million bucks anyway) on a cake except for the bakery that would be making the cake...

(as for the starving kids...God bless them...those who keep the food and funds from reaching them should be ashamed...I don't believe, not for one second, that they're starving because someone got a million dollar cake or that there's lack of donating...if the money said to be being spent on this cake were to be donated to starving kids, the chances of them benefitting from it in the degree that that much money should affect them, is limited. red tape and government bs keeps help from reaching those that need it. MMHOO)

You know you're right, just because someone is spending (or not, however you want to think it) that much money on a cake does not mean that it could or would feed starving kids. This kind of spending just shows you what kind of people they are. Don't kid yourself about no one really spending that much on a cake. They may not be paying a million dollars but it will still be expensive and the jewler will still have to insure all those diamonds and will probably not have that many in stock so will have to get them somewhere. And I hope more people adopt your attitude about donating not really helping and all the red tape and b/s cause its a good attitude to have. Screw the goverment red tape charity crap right, why should anyone donate anything if it doesn't really help? ( Hope you see the sarcasm)

Bluehue Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 12:04pm
post #12 of 16

Here you go -

http://kimkardashian.celebuzz.com/blog/

click on link
scroll down
see her blowing candles out on her cake.... a little 2 tier number.
Seen better on here in the gallery....
No diamonds - no million dollar cake - nope - all bullsh*t by the press. icon_lol.gif

Bluehue

all4cake Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 2:16pm
post #13 of 16

It shows frivolous, fun-loving people doing what they want with their money...and others pointing out what was done...not knowing whether or not they've done anything with their other money (assuming here that they have other money).

A million dollars worth of diamonds (that will more than likely be reclaimed by contributor (in what is now a bogus cake) which would still have the same worth as they did before ) used to create such a cake is not the same as being spent (spent would be like they gave them up completely)...unlike the ingredients being used to make it which after mixed, assembled and eaten, would be worth sh!# , literally. To insure a million dollars worth of diamonds, would that cost any more than insuring a million dollars of other property? If so, that ain't much (using the cost of the bogus cake as a scale reference)...what? a thousand or less for the amount of time they're to be insured...

"Screw the goverment red tape charity crap right..." yes!
"why should anyone donate anything if it doesn't really help?" exactly!

charity should be given/accepted between the willing/able to give and those in need without having to deal with a middle man that wants a cut.

cakesbycathy Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 11:39pm
post #14 of 16

I read another article about it. Apparently the baker decided on his own to make the cake and give it to her and she refused it saying it was a waste and she wanted a cake you could actually eat.

indydebi Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 10:06am
post #15 of 16

I wouldn't refer to a cake covered with diamonds as a million dollar CAKE anyway. the CAKE isn't a million dollar value .... the DIAMONDS are the value.

The cake could be worth (as my youngeset would say) "the low low price of $19.95" but adding a million bucks worth of stones doesnt' make THE CAKE any more valuable.

KathysCC Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 2:40pm
post #16 of 16

You want to break the world record for the most expensive cake? Call me, I'll charge you $9999.00 a serving. You pay me the money, you get your name in the world record book. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

And I guarantee mine will taste better than diamonds taste! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%