Making Drapes From Fondant

Decorating By Cazp30 Updated 21 Oct 2010 , 9:00pm by Kaytecake

Cazp30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cazp30 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, I have been looking everywhere for a book or instructional video on how to make drapes.

I am making a cake for my daughters wedding and she wants it to look like it has drapes of material coming from it!!!!!
I really have no idea what I am doing, please can someone help?
Have tried to add a couple of pics of the type of thing I mean, hope its worked icon_wink.gif
Many Thanks in advance

3 replies
Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 4

No answers for you but have been wondering the same thing.

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 4

When I did the drapes on the last wedding cake I did, I layed out dowels and rolled a rectangle of fondant and layed it over the dowels to form the pleats and then I pinched the one end and left the other end open and flowing. This is the style the bride wanted with just the 3 drapes softly coming down the cake (In my photos) Where it was attached to the cake I put a flower to cover the pinched end. While the fondant was flat, I stamped a double heart into it that was dipped in luster dust, Hope this makes sense and is of some help.

Kaytecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaytecake Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 4

Try Trinibabe- I really like her tutorials. I think she also has one for the cascades that go with the drapes. Check out the others on the right of the screen. HTH
icon_biggrin.gif

I hope this works.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%