Wrapped Rose Tower Cake Instructions?

Decorating By VS8894 Updated 22 Oct 2010 , 12:25pm by VS8894

VS8894 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have the instructions on the Wrapped Rose Tower Cake by Stellagal? I noticed several of her comments were to get them. I PM'd her and haven't heard back from her. Any help or suggestions?

Thanks,

Vicki

3 replies
ibmoser Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 4

What a gorgeous cake!! I do not have those instructions, but I would imagine that reading this thread about Marina Sousa's Blue Ruffle cake may offer some insight to a similar technique

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-45216-blue.html+ruffle

Just make the ruffles pointing up on all tiers and tuck roses in the folds?

lanana Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 3:23am
post #3 of 4

I have that same cake on several books from British Authors. All of them use white chocolate to make those ruffles, Mitch Turner is one of them. She uses one big tier for the bottom and a styrofoam cone on the top, she previously cover it in melted chocolate and then roll the chocolate paste in rectangles, taller than the cake so the uffle can be above the cake , she puts them in the fridge for a while and then covers the tier and then the cone. Of course you can do it using 50-50 gumpaste- fondant, and I will use tiers with just one inch different, like 10-9-8-7-6, i will cover every tier in fondant, cut the rectangles, put them in the freezer just a few min, and then cover each tier and make the ruffle shape, let it dry so it can hold the shape. Colette peters holds those ruffles with toothsticks but a hole will be left on the cake, so maybe cotton will be better to hold those ruffles.

VS8894 Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 12:25pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much for the instructions. I was wondering what the shape is for the ruffles, but I would have never thought a rectangle.

Thanks again, it's for my daughter's wedding, so I want it to be perfect!

Vicki

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%