Help Question About Wedding Cake "flavor"

Baking By Renesaindon Updated 4 Nov 2010 , 3:53pm by Renesaindon

Renesaindon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renesaindon Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 11:59am
post #31 of 37

well, I had no intention of doing this as a business and over the last 3 weeks it kind of morphed into it with some friends ordering cakes. So, I am winging it! :O) Did learn that friend or not, get 1/2 down for deposit to cover your expenses at least!

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 5:02pm
post #32 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renesaindon

a bit off topic:

How do you guys get the profile pics and the signature graphics? I am very computer literate, but my profile area doesn't have a place to upload anything. Do you have to be a paying member for that option?

I'll PM you.

gigiel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gigiel Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 12:52am
post #33 of 37

don't over think it.
if you have one or two really good white cake recipes, have her come and taste to let you know what she prefers. you didn't say how many tiers you're making or how many servings you need, but you're better of with a cake that is not feathery-light. Most probably a good white cake flavor will be fine. (no filling? white buttercream icing?)

Renesaindon Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 1:43am
post #34 of 37

well, what she wanted doesn't matter anymore. but, it was 3 layer, mm fondant, and no filling. I put a white chocolate ganache over the cake under the mmf. I am working on the scroll work now. my hands are tired. almost done with largest tier. can't wait to post pics online so she can see what she missed!

Renesaindon Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 12:58pm
post #35 of 37

Wow! someone on here left a nasty note on my website that I should get off cake central during class time as they were pretty sure my students were more important than my cake hobby! What kind of judgmental jerk would do that? First of all, whoever it was didn't have the nerve to leave their name or any information so that they could be rebutted, second of all, whoever it was has no idea of my schedule or when I am where or when I even have students so mind your own business. I am guessing another baker that is less than thrilled about their own skills. Wow, I thought this was a good group to belong to, not so sure, now!

Very disappointed! icon_mad.gif

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 3:40pm
post #36 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renesaindon

Wow! someone on here left a nasty note on my website that I should get off cake central during class time as they were pretty sure my students were more important than my cake hobby! What kind of judgmental jerk would do that? First of all, whoever it was didn't have the nerve to leave their name or any information so that they could be rebutted, second of all, whoever it was has no idea of my schedule or when I am where or when I even have students so mind your own business. I am guessing another baker that is less than thrilled about their own skills. Wow, I thought this was a good group to belong to, not so sure, now!

Very disappointed! icon_mad.gif

Sorry someone would post that on your site, and sorry you feel the need to judge an entire forum of thousands by one post that hurt your feelings.

Hope your day gets better.

Renesaindon Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 3:53pm
post #37 of 37

didn't mean to judge an entire forum by one idiot, but it really made me angry! You are right, it isn't everyone, but wow, what an idiot to post what they don't even know about and a coward for doing so anonymously!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%