How Would I Make These From Buttercream On A Cupcake?

Baking By Kiddiekakes Updated 21 Oct 2010 , 8:01pm by Lyndseyb52

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 5

Okay so I have a large order to do for next weekend for a 40th birthday..This invitation is the theme so I thought I would print off the witches legs with my Edible image printer but the black is acting up so I don't think that will be possible now..Grrrr anyway....

http://www.impressinprint.com/invitations/images/card-thumbs/wicked-witch-high-heels.jpg

How would you go about piping these legs on the cupcake??

Any ideas...I may have to do it the old fashion way.... icon_wink.gif

Thanks

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 5

I'd pipe it or do the shoe and the legs from gumpaste or fondant and then add strips of orange fondant to the fondant black leggins. Does that make sense? Or like you said pipe it the old way.

What about using the plain side of the wide basketweave to make the legs then add the orange stripes?

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 5

I would pipe an orange leg and then add thin black buttercream stripes and a thicker black shoe onto them.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 5

Or go back way old school and do run out royal icing. They could stand up

Lyndseyb52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyndseyb52 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 8:01pm
post #5 of 5

I'd use fondant and have them sticking out of the buttercream, that way you could make them in advanced.

I've made little stripey snakes with fondant before, rolling a long sausage shape of each colour then slicing up and alternating them to make the stripes. They go smooth when you roll them a little bit.

Good luck

Lyndsey xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%