Need Opinions On Organization. Having My First Bridal Show.

Business By Dreme

Dreme Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 2:25am
post #1 of 1

I have been invited to participate as a vendor in a bridal show. The representative said my cookies would be a good addition since no one would be doing that. Vendors are allowed to sell their products and/or give out samples. I have decided on what I would like to do as far as cookies; I would be selling these. As I also do wedding cakes and cupcakes how do I include these somehow? I'm assuming brides will ask me about wedding cakes since its in the name of my business that I do cakes. How should I address this? Do brides want to book tastings at the event. My focus was on cookies but i'm not sure what to do about my other products. As this is my first year in business, and i'm thinking there could be changes with my products in the future, a storefront, etc, I don't want to commit to brides that want to book weddings that are for 2012.

(On another note how do you handle brides that want to make sure they book you now, but you don't want to take them yet; then around the time they should be coming to you, you are booking up.)

Also I want to know how should I display my work. I have four portfolios. Cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and conceptual cakes and cupcakes. Do I just have the cookie one, since that is my main focus here or should I incorporate the others?

Any ideas or opinions will be greatly appreciated!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%