Anyone Have A Good Recipe For Cappuccino Filling/frosting?

Baking By abra526 Updated 22 Oct 2010 , 9:31am by scp1127

abra526 Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 8:57pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a cake for a friend of mine for her daughter's bday party. The place where the party is provides cupcakes for the kids, but she asked me to make a small cake for the adults that will be attending. I wanted to make a cake that had a little more sophisticated flavor, so I was thinking fudge cake with cappuccino filling, but there aren't any recipes on this site. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
AmysCakesNCandies Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 12:23am
post #2 of 6

I've done an espresso buttercream, make your standard BC, using Khalua in place of vanilla extract and cold espresso in place of water or milk to thin out the icing. Its perfect with a dark chocolate cake and chocolate ganache (something not too sweet because the BC is very sweet)

abra526 Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 2:46am
post #3 of 6

Thankyou Amyscakes! I will have to do some experimenting. The mom is giving me free reign on this cake, so I was anxious to do something other than the standard vanilla or chocolate that they usually order!

jenscreativity Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 3:43am
post #5 of 6

The espresso b/c sounds awesome! I'm going to try that one!

scp1127 Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 9:31am
post #6 of 6

Just an idea... I add espresso powder to my BC and cream cheese frosting for a light flavor. The little dots of espresso powder look like the dots of vanilla bean in icing. I know you need a deeper flavor, but if your icing isn't too dark and you have some on hand, it looks really pretty in the icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%