Good Quality,cheap Printer For Printing Pictures On Fondant

Decorating By pheonix31571 Updated 28 Oct 2010 , 9:03pm by icingimages

pheonix31571 Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 6

I am new to selling cakes and I just got an order for printing on a personal picture on fondant. I would really like to use my own marshmallow fondant, Is there a good printer that would work for this? I need something affordable

Please help thank you,

pheonix icon_eek.gif

5 replies
leily Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 6

The printers that print directly on the cake or onto fondant are pretty expensive and large (so the can fit a lot of different size cakes)

I suggest using an edible image which can then be applied to the fondant. if you're not planning on doing edible images often then it's probably going to be cheaper to go to a cake supply store, your local grocery store (or wal-mart bakery) or order one online and have it shipped to you.

once you get the edible image you can just lightly mist your fondant or spread piping gel on it before laying your image on. It won't completely melt into the fondant (or buttercream if you us it on that) but it will get softer from the moisture on the cake so it is easy to cut.

leily Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 7:55pm
post #3 of 6

oh, and if you want to purchase a printer there are specific edible image systems out there.

two good places to look are and

Both carry ready to go systems. Or they have a list of canon or epson printers that are on the market that you can buy and then buy edible ink cartridges for them (you'll want to purchase a brand new canon or epson if you go this route, you don't want to use one that has had non-edible ink go through it)

icingimages Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 6

I would recommend the Canon ip3600. The best, least expensive printer there is. Do not go Epson as the printhead is not removable!

pheonix31571 Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 4:44pm
post #5 of 6

I really appreciate all the great advice. It was very helpful

icon_biggrin.gif Linda

icingimages Posted 28 Oct 2010 , 9:03pm
post #6 of 6

Any time! My pleasure!

Quote by @%username% on %date%