Teapot Cake In A Pyrex Bowl

Baking By Winnie_in_Wi Updated 20 Oct 2010 , 8:36pm by mimido

Winnie_in_Wi Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 4

I'm going to ATTEMPT a teapot cake for my MIL's birthday. I think I can get away with baking in a couple of pyrex bowls I have, they should make a good shape for the teapot.

Both bowls are 6 cup bowls. I want to use the pumpkin spice cake recipie listed here on CC - it's really yummy!

I would like your tips on baking in these bowls. How full should I fill them? 1/2 to 3/4 I'm thinking or should it be more? Do you think I should double that recipie? I know I should bake slow - any suggestions on temp and aprox baking time? Any and all reccomendations are appreciated.

3 replies
mimido Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 6:59pm
post #2 of 4

I have a recipe for a teapot cake . In a 1 1/2 quart pyrex bowl, mix 1 cake mix. pour batter into prepared bowls. 1 cake mix for each bowl. I know yournot using just a cake mix, but maybe this will give you some idea of how much batter to use. Hope it helps.

Loucinda Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 4

Make sure it is a firm type of cake. Make your handle and spout ahead of time so they have time to dry. Don't make them too big - you want them to be in proportion with the base! I have made a ton of them, if you need any help just ask!

mimido Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 8:36pm
post #4 of 4

I used pound cake recipes when I made mine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%