Not Opening Up On Time Grrrrr

Lounge By Kiddiekakes Updated 20 Oct 2010 , 10:23pm by Herekittykitty

Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 5

Just a rant..... icon_wink.gif

So I go to the local UPS store here this morning to pickup my Sears order and the sign says open at 9am....it was 9:15 before the person finally showed up and opened the store....Grrrrr icon_mad.gif .It really makes me mad when a store has it's hours posted and then they aren't open by that time....I'm busy..I have better things to do than wait for a clerk to open a store up 15 minutes after it is supposed to be..I guess I am getting old because I was raised that you were at work on time and if you were in business your doors were open on time and sometimes before to greet your customers...Boy things have changed.... thumbsdown.gif

Okay...I'm fine now.... icon_redface.gificon_wink.gif

4 replies
cakeythings1961 Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 5

Maybe the manager of the store needs a call from you...........assuming, of course, that it wasn't the manager who showed up late. icon_sad.gif

I'm always telling my 20-something kids, "Punctuality counts!!!!!"

Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 5:36pm
post #3 of 5

Yeah well these small outlets are owned and operated by individual owners so I suspect she was the owner as they tend not to hire staff...they operate the stores themselves to save money but I mean really....It just ticked me off first thing in the morning....Come to think of it the dollar store over here is like that too..Waited 20 minutes one morning for the girl to show up...several others were in their cars also looking at their watches..Hmmmm...I guess punctuality isn't taught in schools anymore..I always tell me 9 and 7 year old how important is is to be on time or early ALWAYS for everything as it sets up how you live your whole life...I have a girlfriend who is constantly late for everything and everywhere she goes running around like a chicken with her head cut off all the time and frazzled...Extremely frustrating,annoying and inconsiderate to say the least...Anyhow...back to cakin....icon_smile.gif

leily Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 5:53pm
post #4 of 5

I was raised to always be early, and at the lastest on time. I worked for my dad for about 4 years and his motto was always "Be here 5 minutes early, if you're a minute late don't even bother showing up" there were some people that worked for him that were only late once b/c he sent people home for the day if it happened more than once (of course if there was a good excuse then it didn't count) and most of those people needed the paycheck so they were always early. And we could clock in up to 15 minutes early so over a few months coming in early adds up on those paychecks.

My BF is not like that and his dad has always been late to things too (his mom isn't!), it's been the biggest issue between us for the last 10 years. Now if it's an apt then he'll be on time, but if it's just "we need to be at so and so at this time" b/c of everything else we have to do..... well then it's on his clock.

Herekittykitty Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 10:23pm
post #5 of 5

My family has learned to tell my sister and I a false start time. I try, I really do but I ALWAYS underestimate how long things will take. I was born late and have been late ever since. Even I find it irritating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%