Stencil Storage - Help

Decorating By lsmcvay Updated 20 Oct 2010 , 5:07pm by daltonam

lsmcvay Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 3

I have a problem. I am a military spouse who moves about every 2 years. I have been able to maintain good clientele at each location and my techniques and tools have expanded greatly. My big problem right now are my cake stencils. I LOVE using stencils...and even have a few that I have designed and made myself. I store all my smaller round, shorter border, and cupcake/cookie stencils in a portable file box with labeled hanging folders. However...my large stencils and longer border stencils????? I was wondering what people use for their storage (other than having an awesome little nail to hang them on!!). We are embarking on our 3rd international move in Dec., and I want them ALL to arrive flat and intact!

Thank you for your time!

2 replies
costumeczar Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 4:32pm
post #2 of 3

Look in art supply stores and get a portfolio that will fit them. They should have different sizes, and you'll be able to store them all flat and not damage them.

daltonam Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 3

I've not used alot of them, but assuming you mean long ones or larger than a sheet of paper.......here's my thought. Would a tube work. They make them for packing & shipping posters, prints, blueprints, etc etc.....you could roll them, then they wouldn't be folded.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%