Need Some Advise...

Decorating By crkrjax_76 Updated 20 Oct 2010 , 7:22pm by crkrjax_76

crkrjax_76 Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 7

I was asked to donate a cake for a raffle for a youth group this coming Saturday. I wanted to make a ghost cake, so I made a trial cake this past weekend. Saturday, I baked 2 6 inch and half a ball mold (french vanilla cake mix). I stacked them and covered very liberally in buttercream and it sat in the fridge until Sunday night. Then, I covered with Fondant and finished it. The cake is soo cute, I really don't want to have to make another one for the raffle! Should I go ahead and just make a new one so it will be fresh or would the one I made be ok? It's been locked up tight in a cake container since Sunday night.

6 replies
Herekittykitty Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 7

A week old cake? Yeah, no. Make a new one. Ish.

KathysCC Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 7

Yes, I would not let anyone eat a week old cake. Serve that one now and make a fresh one.

daltonam Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 4:51pm
post #4 of 7

You might could freeze it, but I couldn't promise how it would turn out.

it's freeze it or a new one for me....

CocoaBlondie Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 4:51pm
post #5 of 7

When you think of it whoever wins the raffle might not eat the cake right away. Then they would be eating stale cake. You don't want them to look down upon your cakes.

TexasSugar Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 5:33pm
post #6 of 7

Another thing to consider is are they going to eat it that day or have left overs for over a day or two. I wouldn't serve or eat a week old cake.

crkrjax_76 Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 7:22pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you guys so much! I was pretty sure I would need to make another cake...but I just wanted a second opinion!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%