Houston - Austin - Surrounging Area Decorators - Classes?

Decorating By yanica1 Updated 20 Oct 2010 , 2:18pm by yanica1

yanica1 Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know where i can take some cake decorating classes? I already took the wilton courses and was looking for something that would give me tips and tricks to making fondant figures, objects, etc. Does anyone know where i can take a class?

Thanks.

6 replies
CakeChica Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 1:33pm
post #2 of 7

There is a place in Sugarland Texas called Cake Craft. My Wilton teacher recommended it to us if we wanted to take more classes after the wilton classes. I have never been. I looked it up and the classes are rather expensive for me so for now I am just watching youtube videos to learn new things.

GeminiCake Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 7

Check out Larry's Arts and Crafts in Pasadena...Pat Wiener is the instructor. Check out her website for up and coming classes on the calender. www.letsdecoratecakes.com
Her classes are really reasonable and she is eral hands on with her students.

HTH!!!

what_a_cake Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 7

check Amazing cake Supplies, the nearest date is for a Fondant Intro, but I know they introductory is not as Wilton's. Call them, you might find there's an intermediate or advance couse soon icon_smile.gif

http://amazingcakesupplies.com/

rebew10 Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 2:11pm
post #5 of 7

Check into the Cake Craft Shoppe in Sugarland. They have classes all the time and guest instructors (Some from Food Network challenges) come too. They are located right off of Hwy. 6

yanica1 Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 2:12pm
post #6 of 7

thanks guys... i need to check those out.

yanica1 Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 2:18pm
post #7 of 7

anyone know of any conventions?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%