Bride Hated The Cake!

Decorating By AmysCakesNCandies Updated 31 Jan 2011 , 6:42pm by fumanfyter

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 4:48am
post #31 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmysCakesNCandies

and continued to go on a say that she will tell anyone she knows that needs a cake NOT to call me.

Oh wow! It has always been my experience (in life, not cakes) that the opinions of people who would say things like this, normally are not held to a very high standard. I personally know a couple of people that are harsh & rude. I would never ask them who to buy a stick of gum from. Simply because I know that know one could make them happy, no matter how good they are. Don't sweat her. You can bet the people she would tell NOT to see you for a cake are either rolling their eyes, or they are just like her! icon_eek.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 5:23am
post #32 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

OP - I'm glad something positive came out of all of that! Sounds like a high maintenance bridezilla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Honestly - IF the cake was *bad* i doubt a week would have passed before she made contact.

This is the only think I have to disagree with. They've could've gone straight to their honeymoon like many do. I'd HOPE she wasn't thinking about cake during that time. icon_wink.gif

LOL - your kidding right?
You honestly think that if the cake was *bad* NOONE woul have contacted the op?
What - the bride wouln't have said someting to her mother - mother in law - bridesmaids - guests.
SOMEONE on behalf of the bride could have notified the op.
When there are complaints to be made - people always rush to the fore front - lollll.
Its human nature - nothing travels quicker than bad news and unsavoury remarks about another human being...especially with todays many ways of making contact.

Bluehue

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 3:04am
post #33 of 35
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

OP - I'm glad something positive came out of all of that! Sounds like a high maintenance bridezilla.

Quote:

Honestly - IF the cake was *bad* i doubt a week would have passed before she made contact.

This is the only think I have to disagree with. They've could've gone straight to their honeymoon like many do. I'd HOPE she wasn't thinking about cake during that time. icon_wink.gif

LOL - your kidding right?
You honestly think that if the cake was *bad* NOONE woul have contacted the op?
What - the bride wouln't have said someting to her mother - mother in law - bridesmaids - guests.
SOMEONE on behalf of the bride could have notified the op.
When there are complaints to be made - people always rush to the fore front - lollll.
Its human nature - nothing travels quicker than bad news and unsavoury remarks about another human being...especially with todays many ways of making contact.

Bluehue

Nope, not kidding. Especially since you said "she made contact". She being the operative word. I don't think it's unreasonable at all. I get the "people love to complain" stuff but this story sounds like the BRIDE trying to get something out of this. SHE being hard to please - nobody else. So I would expect any negative feedback to come from her and her alone. I don't even think she told anyone else. Hence, the OP getting a call from the planner for another cake.

molo1116 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
molo1116 Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 4:42am
post #34 of 35

I think the issue with these people is that they have NO IDEA how difficult making a cake can be. Nothing is ever certain, one day the recipes you swear by turn on you and the cake just isn't cooperating. This bride should be feel lucky she got a refund at all.

fumanfyter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fumanfyter Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 6:42pm
post #35 of 35

the cake for my wedding was ugly, lumpy AND tasted like it was frozen for 4 years......BUT....at least i had a cake for my pictures, and from VERY far away it didn't look TOOOOOO bad. we got a refund also, but i was happier with a bad cake then to have NOTHING for the "tradition" of it all icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%