Sick And Stressed :(

Lounge By tsal Updated 21 Oct 2010 , 1:03am by bakingpw

tsal Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 10:56am
post #1 of 5

I love making cakes (I'm a hobbyist considering going into business when my kids are a little older). I have 3 cakes lined up in the next few weeks. I was supposed to have a cake for a bridal shower due Sunday, but that was postponed due to a death in the groom's family. I wouldn't have been able to pull it off if it were not cancelled because I'm totally sick with a terrible cold (congestion, headache, fever etc) and weak as a kitten.

My son's second birthday party is next weekend. It started out as a family party, but now we have over 30 people coming and I'm unable to even start the appliqué work for the Blue's Clues cake I'm planning. Even if I do miraculously feel better later today, I don't believe in handling food while sick, so the earliest I can start this 3-tier cake is Friday *if* I'm feeling better and I'll still wear a mask and gloves. Oh, and did I mention that I'm preparing all the food for the party?

A good friend of mine is having a huge party and I promised to help her make some fondant accents for cupcakes but I'm not sure when I'll fit that in. She's a total muggle so without me she's lost.

On top of that, I'm a teacher's assistant at 2 universities and I have a gazillion midterms to grade for tomorrow that I have yet to start due to the pounding headaches i've had with this virus. My soon-to-be 2-yr old is sick with Croup (I think he got me sick), and really needs me all the time (when you're sick you want your mama!). I have a babysitter coming today so I can work on the exams and hopefully finish them by tonight.

Sorry for the rant. I know you all understand cake stress (and stress in general)!

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:11pm
post #2 of 5

Yes I do...Hope you feel better soon and are able to get all these things done!!

bakingpw Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 2:53pm
post #3 of 5

Sorry you feel so terrible. The good thing about this kind of sickness is that one day you can feel like crap and the next day not so much. By Friday, you could be feeling fine! If you really think you aren't going to be better, why not call now and tell them so they could have time to find help.

Feel better!

tsal Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 5

Bakingpw: this morning when I posted I felt like roadkill, but I am feeling better. I managed to get quite a few exams done and will take a lunch break, maybe lie down for an hour and start again. Hopefully the worst is over!

bakingpw Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 1:03am
post #5 of 5

I hope you feel better tomorrow when you wake up and don't have to give another thought to not being able to complete your work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%