Edible Images For Guitar Cake

Decorating By chikadodle Updated 23 Oct 2010 , 3:14am by mom2twogrlz

chikadodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikadodle Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 2:44am
post #1 of 4

I'm doing a life-size replica of the attached guitar for a wedding in November (link #1). The image on the guitar is based on some album cover art (link #2). Since I don't have an airbrush (and have no airbrush experience whatsoever), that wouldn't be the best avenue for me. I'm considering trying to order edible images of the art and laying them onto the guitar before putting on the neck and strings. Would this work? Any other suggestions are very welcome, the edible images were just my first thought. Thank you all for any help! Sorry for the gigantic guitar photo!

3 replies
mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 2:56am
post #2 of 4

I would go with edible images too. I am lucky and have a local decorating supply store that will make copies of whatever you want. So I take my images to them, in the size I want and they make copies onto edible paper.You might have a problem with copyright issues, but it is worth a try. I really like they way they look. Make sure you get it the original printed on a good printed that will pick up the detail. Te edible image will only be as good as the piece it is copying.

HTH

chikadodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikadodle Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 1:35am
post #3 of 4

Thank you! I'm really hoping it works out. Cross your fingers for me!

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:14am
post #4 of 4

Will do. Post pictures when done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%