Just A Vent

Business By jillmakescakes Updated 24 Oct 2010 , 5:48pm by GenGen

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:34am
post #1 of 23

Ok, so I know that I'm better off without this bride, but sheesh.

Here's the scoop. I didn't schedule any tastings this weekend due to other obligations. This date was closed out months ago. I had to stop at the shop just prior to one of the other obligations around 1pm on sunday (our usual tasting day) to find a car in the parking lot. As I pull up, I roll down my window and ask if I can help them. This chick tells me, very indignantly, "I have a 1 o'clock appt today" (it is 1:10 at this point).

Now, I am thinking two things at the same time
1. Holy crap- did I accidently schedule something? icon_eek.gif
2. Now way did I schedule an appt today. icon_rolleyes.gif

I very politely inform her that we have no appt's scheduled for today due to other obligations and if she can provide me with her name and contact info, I can research this and get back with her. She tells me that she scheduled this weeks ago via email. I let her know that we don't have anything prepared today as we didn't schedule anything for today and that I would have to get back with her.

After reseaching, her appt was supposed to be THIS COMING weekend, at 2PM!!!! icon_twisted.gif I emailed her with a copy of the email that confirmed her appt for this weekend at 2pm. She replied "That's fine, we'll be there". then, today, she has her fiance call to cancel the appt. WTF?? YOU made the mistake and you're gonna act all PO'ed at me?? ugh.

Ok, thanks for the vent. thumbs_up.gif

22 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:41am
post #2 of 23

icon_lol.gif There are some things I DON'T miss! icon_lol.gif

but yeah, you're right that you're better off w/o her. worst case scenario is you make the cake exactly like what is in your contract and she'd complain. then when you show her that you made it EXACTLY like what is in writing, it would STILL be your fault that it's wrong! icon_lol.gif

cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:43am
post #3 of 23

Sorry that happened but sounds like you wouldn't have wanted her as a client anyways. Probably would have been more trouble than its worth.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 1:53am
post #4 of 23

You're well rid of her...I once had a girl who sat in her car at her appoitnment time, waiting for me to come out and get her. Of course, I didn't know she was there, and she left in a huff, offended at my lack of professionalism. icon_confused.gif She was a loon, and I was glad that she was offended and didn't want to hire me. Your client sounds like another one of those.

indydebi Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 2:07am
post #5 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

You're well rid of her...I once had a girl who sat in her car at her appoitnment time, waiting for me to come out and get her. Of course, I didn't know she was there, and she left in a huff, offended at my lack of professionalism. icon_confused.gif She was a loon, and I was glad that she was offended and didn't want to hire me. Your client sounds like another one of those.

Was that Cleopatra or Queen of Sheba? I get those two mixed up ALL the time! icon_lol.gif

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 2:15am
post #6 of 23

I think mine was Cleo and costume's was Sheba.... icon_biggrin.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 2:32am
post #7 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmakescakes

Ok, so I know that I'm better off without this bride, but sheesh.

WTF?? YOU made the mistake and you're gonna act all PO'ed at me?? ugh.

Ok, thanks for the vent. thumbs_up.gif

Quote:

she left in a huff, offended at my lack of professionalism. She was a loon, and I was glad that she was offended and didn't want to hire me. Your client sounds like another one of those.

After reading these, I thought of the movie "28 Days Later"...the infected brides coming unglued on the decorators over tastings icon_eek.gif

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 5:25am
post #8 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmakescakes

I think mine was Cleo and costume's was Sheba.... icon_biggrin.gif

Actually I was thinking more of Eddie Murphy's "Coming to America".... I guess she was waiting for you to throw rose petals at her feet. icon_biggrin.gif

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 5:36am
post #9 of 23

hehehe....
I was reading too fast and when Debi said, "worst case scenario" I could have sworn she had just said, "worst cake scenario."

I had to back up and read it again.
Made myself giggle.

I like that..from now on these red -flag customers will all lead to worst cake scenarios in my mind. icon_lol.gif

mommachris

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 6:02am
post #10 of 23
Quote:

icon_eek.gif

Why didn't she just send her footman in? I mean, the pumpkin turned into a coach and the mice into footmen, right?

WOW--I suggest you install a bell in the parking area so you never miss another royal arrival!!

costumeczar Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 5:00pm
post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

Quote:

icon_eek.gif

Why didn't she just send her footman in? I mean, the pumpkin turned into a coach and the mice into footmen, right?

WOW--I suggest you install a bell in the parking area so you never miss another royal arrival!!

Heh heh,...The funniest part was that I got irate emails from both her and her mother telling me how awful I was, and that she'd been sitting outside waiting for me to come get her, and I had ruined her cake experience. Okaaaay. Then they said that they'd be sure to tell the reception site whose vendor list I was on that I was horrible. So I called the reception site, whose coordinators I know well, and they told me that she was a nutjob and that they had had to talk her out of using Chick Fil A for the catering for her reception. icon_razz.gif

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 5:05pm
post #12 of 23
Quote:

Heh heh,...The funniest part was that I got irate emails from both her and her mother telling me how awful I was, and that she'd been sitting outside waiting for me to come get her, and I had ruined her cake experience. Okaaaay. Then they said that they'd be sure to tell the reception site whose vendor list I was on that I was horrible. So I called the reception site, whose coordinators I know well, and they told me that she was a nutjob and that they had had to talk her out of using Chick Fil A for the catering for her reception. icon_razz.gif

Well DOH --of course she would want Chick Fil A--you can sit in your car, drive up to the little box and you've got their attention! Sheesh woman, what are you thinking?? icon_lol.gif

costumeczar Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 5:30pm
post #13 of 23
Quote:

Quote:

Well DOH --of course she would want Chick Fil A--you can sit in your car, drive up to the little box and you've got their attention! Sheesh woman, what are you thinking?? icon_lol.gif

hahaha! Maybe she was mad that she couldn't find the drive-up window for the cake tasting!

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 5:48pm
post #14 of 23

icon_lol.gif

The story is amuzing, don't get me wrong, but I find it extremely funny how she tells her Fiance to call and cancel the appointment.

Scaredy Cat.

costumeczar Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 6:42pm
post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babarooskie

icon_lol.gif

The story is amuzing, don't get me wrong, but I find it extremely funny how she tells her Fiance to call and cancel the appointment.

Scaredy Cat.

You can tell how that marriage is going to go. She creates a mess then makes him clean it up.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 11:30pm
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

Was that Cleopatra or Queen of Sheba? I get those two mixed up ALL the time! icon_lol.gif

hahaha! I was going to ask the same thing..come and GET her??? What, miss princess can't walk?

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 11:32pm
post #17 of 23
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

hahaha! Maybe she was mad that she couldn't find the drive-up window for the cake tasting!

oh Gawd! hahahahahahahahahahaha icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 12:41am
post #18 of 23

I came back when they finished, we decided flavors, I priced it up and dad wrote a check for the entire amount right then and there for a wedding in May. Yeah, it kind of made my day and when I begin to doubt myself, I will remember their comments and enthusiasm. I'm very blessed witht he customers I've had.

This is a great place to vent and know that others understand our pain and frustration. I just wanted to add a happy note knowing that not all brides and mob's are a pain in the patootie.

Sorry to hijack. icon_redface.gif This family just made my day. icon_biggrin.gif

costumeczar Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 12:42am
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracycakes

I came back when they finished, we decided flavors, I priced it up and dad wrote a check for the entire amount right then and there for a wedding in May. Yeah, it kind of made my day and when I begin to doubt myself, I will remember their comments and enthusiasm. I'm very blessed witht he customers I've had.

This is a great place to vent and know that others understand our pain and frustration. I just wanted to add a happy note knowing that not all brides and mob's are a pain in the patootie.

Sorry to hijack. icon_redface.gif This family just made my day. icon_biggrin.gif

Good for you! It's nice when they just hand you a check without having to think it over.

beenie51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beenie51 Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 1:03am
post #20 of 23

Kind of off the track but I work in an ER. I have noticed that the majority of people always think they are right and that something is owed them. I want to know what happened to basic respect for people! Your example of the rude bride is like the people I am talking about. Come to the Er with nausea and vomiting and get mad when you will not let them have anything to drink ( that is just and example).

Basically I was raised to treat people like I would like to be treated and not to expect something for nothing.

indydebi Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 9:59am
post #21 of 23

beenie51, similar stories about working in a hotel. People DON'T make a reservation on a weekend that there are conventions and high school sport playoffs AND an NFL home game .... and they want to be mad at ME because we're sold out and don't have a room for them. Well gosh darn gee I guess we should have KNOWN they were coming and NOT sold our last room to the people who actually planned ahead!

Man, don't even get me started on these types! tapedshut.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 11:01am
post #22 of 23

LOLLL - I love reading *precious BTB stories*

Thinking i might compile book titled...

Your so Precious.. How Could I Say No

Bluehue.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 5:48pm
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

beenie51, similar stories about working in a hotel. People DON'T make a reservation on a weekend that there are conventions and high school sport playoffs AND an NFL home game .... and they want to be mad at ME because we're sold out and don't have a room for them. Well gosh darn gee I guess we should have KNOWN they were coming and NOT sold our last room to the people who actually planned ahead!

Man, don't even get me started on these types! tapedshut.gif

i used to work at a small hotel. same thing. was a very popular hotel for hunters fisherman (Phew!) and such. plus it allowed small pets for a fee. had one guy who often canceled his reservations (fisherman) and one time forgot that he had, was po'd when we had removed his reservation from the system and sold the room to another paying customer. yadda yadda rinse repeat. that place was freaky- so glad i got out of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%