Anybody Have A Non-Refrigerated Cream Type Filling

Decorating By Yorkiemum Updated 20 Oct 2010 , 5:12pm by sillywabbitz

Yorkiemum Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:00am
post #1 of 8

I am in need of a "cream" type filling for a white cake and I do not want to have to refrigerate it. Does anyone have any ideas? I have just tried white ganach but I am not sure it is going to whip.

7 replies
Acjohnson Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 1:24am
post #2 of 8

I made a cookies n cream filling using marshmallow fluff, a couple tablespoons of hot water, crisco and powdered sugar.

sillywabbitz Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 1:29am
post #3 of 8

Do you have access to liquid bettercream? I buy mine at my local cake shop. There is an entire thread on it but it's basically a shelf stable "whipping cream", it's not really whipping cream but you can whip it with puddings and flavorings and get nice cream fillings that do not require refrigeration. Or you can whip it without puddings and just add syrups or flavorings for a softer texture.

After my first experiment with it, I now keep a stock of it in my freezer.

jenmat Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 1:30am
post #4 of 8

bettercreme (non-dairy whipped icing) mixed with vanilla, chocolate, white chocolate or whatever pudding mix.

Normita Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 1:35am
post #5 of 8

I agree with bettercreme. I buy mine at smart and final and the name of it is "Pastry pride or frostin pride" but others have bought it somewhere else under the name Bettercreme. It just depends on your location. It is super good, room temp stable and you can add just about anything. I folded some raspberry sleeve filling and it was sooooo good....or just add pudding mix like others have suggested icon_smile.gif

Acjohnson Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 1:43am
post #6 of 8

I can't seem to find the non dairy stuff locally icon_sad.gif

Kitagrl Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 1:53am
post #7 of 8

There's like a fake twinkie filling recipe somewhere using marshmallow fluff....

sillywabbitz Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 5:12pm
post #8 of 8

Acjohnson, I had to ask at my cake shop. They sell it and a few other things that they keep in the friedge. I had to ask if they carried it because they don't really "advertise". So I would ask around.

Do you have a local cake supply shop? Do you know a bakery or a restaurant who might let you buy it from them?

Quote by @%username% on %date%