Really Cool Flavors?

Baking By CiNoRi Updated 24 Oct 2010 , 7:26am by lepmer

CiNoRi Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 25

I'm selling cupcakes a t a Christmas fair coming up, to help promote my business. Id like to be able to offer a few flavor option. But im having trouble picking something out.

Id like to do something different and fun, just not the typical...Chocolate, Vanilla, strawberry, or whatever.

I know it's a Christmas fair...but i don't necessarily want that to limit my flavors... i was thinking something fun and kid relatable or nostalgic.- since these will be sold to a lot of kids and parents.

I was thinking of only offering 2-3 flavor options... since this is a fairly small event. So far i was thinking of flavors like:

Cookie Dough
Smores
PB & J
Peanut-butter cup
Pink Lemonade - i was thinking something like this since my company name is the Sweet flamingo cake co.... maybe i could decorate them.

These are not very unique... or a diverse, so im open to your suggestions! Please feel free to be creative! I love a challenge! icon_wink.gif

Thanks!!

24 replies
leily Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 11:50am
post #2 of 25

Since it's the holidays
- Pumpkin Spice
- A pepermint crunch of some sort (white chocolate cupcake with pepermint crunch in a white chocolate icing.

frankdiabetes Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:20pm
post #3 of 25

I just found this site yesterday and I think I'll be spending way too much time here for inspiration:

http://www.tastespotting.com/tag/cupcakes

This has a lot of ideas for (to me) rather odd and unique flavors of cupcakes .

Enchantedcakes Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:20pm
post #4 of 25

We do a lot of rum cakes at christmas our cholate rum and bannan rum cupcakes have been a hit recently. You can use real rum or rum extract. A flavor the kids like is our almond chocolate swirl cupcake and our oreo, white chocolate cake marbled with chocolate with oreo pieces in the batter.

Kellbella Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:41pm
post #5 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdiabetes

I just found this site yesterday and I think I'll be spending way too much time here for inspiration:

WOW! What a great site thanks for sharing! thumbs_up.gif

bakincakin Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 1:03pm
post #6 of 25

Thanks for posting that site! Leily's sound really good too. Guess I need to get baking!! icon_lol.gif

KHalstead Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 6:15pm
post #7 of 25

For Christmas time I immediately thought of

*hot cocoa cupcakes
*eggnog cupcakes (maybe with a cheesecake mousse icing)
* pumpkin spice cupcakes
* How about a gingerbread cupcake?

Maria925 Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 12:51am
post #8 of 25

So I'm trying to come up with a few different flavors for cupcakes I'm selling at my daughter's school festival. I just clicked on the "tastespotting" link and all I can say is OMG!!!! I've only gotten through 2 pages and already have some I'm going to make!!! Thanks for posting this icon_smile.gif

momto2pottsy Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 1:05am
post #9 of 25

Wow, that "tastespotting" site is incredible. I'm going to have to have some cupcake get-togethers or hit the gym a lot if I'm going to use that website!

Tracik Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 1:39pm
post #10 of 25

Holy Cow!! There's cupcake flavors for days!! LOL

adventuregal Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 3:32pm
post #11 of 25

I just wanted to say that I LOVE the name of your business! Sweet Flamingo hehe I love when I hear unique and fun names icon_smile.gif I am in the same boat as you-I have signed up for multiple bazaars and this is my first year so it will all be a learning experience. I was thinking of doing some basics and a few holiday flavors like the pumpkin spice etc. icon_smile.gif

KrissieCakes Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 3:52pm
post #12 of 25

I just saw a recipe yesterday for chocolate pumpkin spice cupcakes. I love regular pumpkin spice cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting, so I'm going to have to try the chocolate version! I also love the idea of gingerbread and peppermint crunch flavors!

steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:24pm
post #13 of 25

i just have to say i spent HOURS on that tastespotting site!!! omg, and i thought i spent a lot of time on here!!!

Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:33pm
post #14 of 25

I added Cappuccino and Chocolate Cappuccino this year...Also Tye Dye and Black Forest.Yummm

Stephy42088 Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:42pm
post #15 of 25

foodgawker.com is also a great site....very similar to tastespotting. i use it all the time.

steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 11:24pm
post #16 of 25

foodgawker? hmmmm i am going there now...
and chocolate and caffiene...my 2 fave things!

frankdiabetes Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 11:46pm
post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy42088

foodgawker.com is also a great site...

Wow, yes!! Thanks for posting this, my friends, family, and coworkers are going to get so fat... icon_biggrin.gif

kathyx1 Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 12:47am
post #18 of 25
Quote:

Just great, I'm supposed to be house cleaning (I work all week) but I can't get off this site! Thanks very much!

jennianne Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 2:43am
post #19 of 25
Quote:

OMG... I have been looking at that site for 2 hours now!!!! This could be bad...and good icon_biggrin.gif

Cathy26 Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 9:42pm
post #20 of 25

In my shop im always trying to get new flavours

our most recent ones are Cherry Pie - vanilla sponge, frozen morello cherries, pieces of shortbread in the sponge with vanilla bc and shortbread crumbs crushed on top

spiced pumpkin with cinnamon cream cheese frosting

Rum & raisin

Cinnamon Caramel Pear (frozen diced pears from supermarket)

Earl Grey & Honey (honey bc with earl grey tea leaves baked into sponge)

Lavender & white choc - buy edible lavender flowers and add a teaspoon to batter with white choc chunks and white choc bc.

steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 3:09am
post #21 of 25

oh the cinnamon caramel pear sound heavenly!!!

jenscreativity Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 3:51am
post #22 of 25

awesome site!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

frankdiabetes wrote:

infinitsky Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 4:04am
post #23 of 25

[quote="kathyx1]Just great, I'm supposed to be house cleaning (I work all week) but I can't get off this site! Thanks very much![/quote]

I knew there are many more CC'ers like me, byt it is heartwarming to actually hear it (or in this case, read it) that I am not the only one not doing the routine chores and instead spending time on CC... icon_biggrin.gif

As for the cupcakes flavors, I suggest whatever flavors you choose, have a normal basic flavor too (your best basic cupcake), not everyone is a fan of new flavors.

steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 4:14am
post #24 of 25

oh yes, infinitsky, i agree always have a basic 3 or 4 "normal" flavors, that u offer on a regular basis. my mom always asks me why do u sell such weird flavors! LOL she doesnt get the whole idea of trying new things....

lepmer Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 7:26am
post #25 of 25

Amazing sites...impossible to leave...just 5 more minutes...

Thanks for posting!

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%