Really Cool Flavors?

Baking By CiNoRi Updated 24 Oct 2010 , 7:26am by lepmer

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 25

I'm selling cupcakes a t a Christmas fair coming up, to help promote my business. Id like to be able to offer a few flavor option. But im having trouble picking something out.

Id like to do something different and fun, just not the typical...Chocolate, Vanilla, strawberry, or whatever.

I know it's a Christmas fair...but i don't necessarily want that to limit my flavors... i was thinking something fun and kid relatable or nostalgic.- since these will be sold to a lot of kids and parents.

I was thinking of only offering 2-3 flavor options... since this is a fairly small event. So far i was thinking of flavors like:

Cookie Dough
Smores
PB & J
Peanut-butter cup
Pink Lemonade - i was thinking something like this since my company name is the Sweet flamingo cake co.... maybe i could decorate them.

These are not very unique... or a diverse, so im open to your suggestions! Please feel free to be creative! I love a challenge! icon_wink.gif

Thanks!!

24 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 11:50am
post #2 of 25

Since it's the holidays
- Pumpkin Spice
- A pepermint crunch of some sort (white chocolate cupcake with pepermint crunch in a white chocolate icing.

frankdiabetes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankdiabetes Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:20pm
post #3 of 25

I just found this site yesterday and I think I'll be spending way too much time here for inspiration:

http://www.tastespotting.com/tag/cupcakes

This has a lot of ideas for (to me) rather odd and unique flavors of cupcakes .

Enchantedcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Enchantedcakes Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:20pm
post #4 of 25

We do a lot of rum cakes at christmas our cholate rum and bannan rum cupcakes have been a hit recently. You can use real rum or rum extract. A flavor the kids like is our almond chocolate swirl cupcake and our oreo, white chocolate cake marbled with chocolate with oreo pieces in the batter.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:41pm
post #5 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdiabetes

I just found this site yesterday and I think I'll be spending way too much time here for inspiration:

WOW! What a great site thanks for sharing! thumbs_up.gif

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 1:03pm
post #6 of 25

Thanks for posting that site! Leily's sound really good too. Guess I need to get baking!! icon_lol.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 6:15pm
post #7 of 25

For Christmas time I immediately thought of

*hot cocoa cupcakes
*eggnog cupcakes (maybe with a cheesecake mousse icing)
* pumpkin spice cupcakes
* How about a gingerbread cupcake?

Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 12:51am
post #8 of 25

So I'm trying to come up with a few different flavors for cupcakes I'm selling at my daughter's school festival. I just clicked on the "tastespotting" link and all I can say is OMG!!!! I've only gotten through 2 pages and already have some I'm going to make!!! Thanks for posting this icon_smile.gif

momto2pottsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momto2pottsy Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 1:05am
post #9 of 25

Wow, that "tastespotting" site is incredible. I'm going to have to have some cupcake get-togethers or hit the gym a lot if I'm going to use that website!

Tracik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracik Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 1:39pm
post #10 of 25

Holy Cow!! There's cupcake flavors for days!! LOL

adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 3:32pm
post #11 of 25

I just wanted to say that I LOVE the name of your business! Sweet Flamingo hehe I love when I hear unique and fun names icon_smile.gif I am in the same boat as you-I have signed up for multiple bazaars and this is my first year so it will all be a learning experience. I was thinking of doing some basics and a few holiday flavors like the pumpkin spice etc. icon_smile.gif

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 3:52pm
post #12 of 25

I just saw a recipe yesterday for chocolate pumpkin spice cupcakes. I love regular pumpkin spice cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting, so I'm going to have to try the chocolate version! I also love the idea of gingerbread and peppermint crunch flavors!

steffiessweet_sin_sations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:24pm
post #13 of 25

i just have to say i spent HOURS on that tastespotting site!!! omg, and i thought i spent a lot of time on here!!!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:33pm
post #14 of 25

I added Cappuccino and Chocolate Cappuccino this year...Also Tye Dye and Black Forest.Yummm

Stephy42088 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephy42088 Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:42pm
post #15 of 25

foodgawker.com is also a great site....very similar to tastespotting. i use it all the time.

steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 11:24pm
post #16 of 25

foodgawker? hmmmm i am going there now...
and chocolate and caffiene...my 2 fave things!

frankdiabetes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankdiabetes Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 11:46pm
post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy42088

foodgawker.com is also a great site...

Wow, yes!! Thanks for posting this, my friends, family, and coworkers are going to get so fat... icon_biggrin.gif

kathyx1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathyx1 Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 12:47am
post #18 of 25
Quote:

Just great, I'm supposed to be house cleaning (I work all week) but I can't get off this site! Thanks very much!

jennianne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennianne Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 2:43am
post #19 of 25
Quote:

OMG... I have been looking at that site for 2 hours now!!!! This could be bad...and good icon_biggrin.gif

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 9:42pm
post #20 of 25

In my shop im always trying to get new flavours

our most recent ones are Cherry Pie - vanilla sponge, frozen morello cherries, pieces of shortbread in the sponge with vanilla bc and shortbread crumbs crushed on top

spiced pumpkin with cinnamon cream cheese frosting

Rum & raisin

Cinnamon Caramel Pear (frozen diced pears from supermarket)

Earl Grey & Honey (honey bc with earl grey tea leaves baked into sponge)

Lavender & white choc - buy edible lavender flowers and add a teaspoon to batter with white choc chunks and white choc bc.

steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 3:09am
post #21 of 25

oh the cinnamon caramel pear sound heavenly!!!

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 3:51am
post #22 of 25

awesome site!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

frankdiabetes wrote:

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 4:04am
post #23 of 25

[quote="kathyx1]Just great, I'm supposed to be house cleaning (I work all week) but I can't get off this site! Thanks very much![/quote]

I knew there are many more CC'ers like me, byt it is heartwarming to actually hear it (or in this case, read it) that I am not the only one not doing the routine chores and instead spending time on CC... icon_biggrin.gif

As for the cupcakes flavors, I suggest whatever flavors you choose, have a normal basic flavor too (your best basic cupcake), not everyone is a fan of new flavors.

steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 4:14am
post #24 of 25

oh yes, infinitsky, i agree always have a basic 3 or 4 "normal" flavors, that u offer on a regular basis. my mom always asks me why do u sell such weird flavors! LOL she doesnt get the whole idea of trying new things....

lepmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lepmer Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 7:26am
post #25 of 25

Amazing sites...impossible to leave...just 5 more minutes...

Thanks for posting!

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%