What Type Of Fondant Is This????

Baking By theonlynameleft Updated 20 Oct 2010 , 1:17am by auzzi

theonlynameleft Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 6

I would love to have a go at carrying out this type of effect on a cupcake - can anybody tell me how they get the lovely smooth fondant on top like this? Is it a fondant round placed on top or is poured fondant? If anybody could shed some light on this it would be much appreciated. thumbs_up.gif Thanks


5 replies
Mrs_Olivares Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 6

a lot of companies sell embossers but what i like to use are stamps to get the same effect! just make sure the material is food safe and you use it only for food projects! hope this helped

kristanashley Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 6

It looks like a fondant round placed on top to me. Roll it out, stamp it, cut it, and put it on top of a smoothly iced cupcake. icon_smile.gif They are pretty!

sillywabbitz Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 8:56pm
post #4 of 6

That looks like a rolled fondant that was cut in a circle and placed over the cupcake. I think I read somewhere that if you do it while the cupcakes are still warm it kind of glues it to the top. I'd probably fill the cupcake with buttercream so that they have some frosting or filling.
Or you an do a layer of buttercream under the fondant circle.

theonlynameleft Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 9:53pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks everybody for ya help - I will give it a crack! icon_smile.gif

auzzi Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 1:17am
post #6 of 6

Try this supplier ..http://kiwicakes.co.nz/

Quote by @%username% on %date%