Need A Grooms Cake But Made Of Brownies

Decorating By sweetcakes Updated 19 Oct 2010 , 7:34pm by klangl

sweetcakes Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 3

I posted this also in the recipe section but got no replies. So i have a groom that wants a 2d shaped cake, but likes brownies and not chocolate cake. If i do this should i bake 2 layers to get about a 2.5" high browniecake, since brownies dont bake very high in the first place and sandwhich them together with whipped ganache, then im thinking i would cover with ganache before i put the fondant on. the shape is the fleur de lis from the NO Saints, so he wants it black and gold. I just cant see doing a regular layer of brownies for this, but they are already rich enough before adding the ganach and fondant. anyone have any suggestions??

2 replies
dreamcakesmom Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 3

Perhaps use a more cakelike brownie tat would give some height. I do a brownie that is dense and top with ganache and because it's so rich it's only cut into 1" x 2" servings and it's only about 1/2" to 3/4 inch thick. I can;t imagine doing a dense brownie in double layers

klangl Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 3

I have actually seen a grooms cake in the shape of the Fleur de lis, it was chocolate fudge brownies just dusted with colored sugar on top. Black and Gold, very nicely done. It was really cool, there were also smaller fleur di lis cookies and brownies all around it. I wish now I would have taken a picture of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%