Color Help

Sugar Work By aubasmif Updated 19 Oct 2010 , 6:53pm by smbegg

aubasmif Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aubasmif Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 3

Not sure how to ask this question, but here it goes. I am making 200 cream cheese mints for a wedding on Saturday and the bride wants candy apple red, and burnt orange coloring. This is where I fail at times, coloring. Any suggestions on what to use, combine, etc... I have a ton of the Wilton decorating colors. I had asked the bride numerous times for a color sample, but she told me to just wing it... a little nervous. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 3

Well the wilton colors are not that great especilly if you need a deep red....The burnt orange is easy..start with orange and add a bit of brown and a touch of red.If wilton is all you have the red may be a problem because when you use lots of coloring the tastes is bitter.Is ther any way to get Americolor gels or chefmaster...They really are the best.

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 3

You have to use A TON of Wilton red to get a deep red color, and it changes the taste. I would use Americolor red. You can add a tiny drop of black to take the brightness off the red and get a really deep red color.

Stephanie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%