What Other Designs Can Go On A Turkey Cookie?

Baking By sewsugarqueen Updated 27 Oct 2010 , 10:25pm by sewsugarqueen

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 5

Live in Canada and our Thanksgiving has gone but I have over 70 delicious turkey cookies left. I have been racking my brain on how to do another design over them and not waste.( cause they taste good) Any thoughts?????
Cookie cutter was turkey with full tail side view with head. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
Trying to think of Halloween or ordinary design. Appreciate any help

4 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 5

You could color them purple or black and do webs and make it look like a partial spider web?

would it make a good shape for a ghost?

http://rock-star-pr.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/spiderweb-thumb.jpg

something like this?? Maybe use the "turkey head" and make it a spider on the cookie?

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 5

what about turkeys dressed up in Halloween costumes?

I know... not too creative... but it was the best I could come up with! icon_lol.gif

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 5

yeah! Dress up the turkey into a costume!! FUNNY! Great idea! LOL

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 10:25pm
post #5 of 5

Well I've been busy beheading turkey cookies and changing them into Halloween cookies. ( works for Canada because we have
Thanksgiving 2nd Monday in Oct and then Halloween at end of month.) The web idea with spider worked. I also iced them all in black or orange and then wrote boo and added some ghosts ( those hard tiny ones you can put on cupcakes. My icing was thin and watered down so it blurred which looked great. Want to thank folks for their ideas.
Sometimes I used the back of the cookies as it was flat which gave greater creativity. I think I might turn them into tombstones next year.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%