Cake Filling Help....

Decorating By oakleygirl77 Updated 20 Oct 2010 , 7:51pm by Apti

oakleygirl77 Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 4

I was asked to do a baby shower cake this weekend for my cousin. She wants a 2 tier zebra print theme, but wants the flavor of the cakes to be strawberry and dark chocolate on each tier. (So when you cut the cake you get a pink and dark brown color piece.) I have no idea of what kind of filling to use on this. I've never mixed cake flavors in one tier. Help me please!!

3 replies
sheena Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 3:30pm
post #2 of 4

You could fill it with a chocolate ganache or a chocolate bc or strawberry bc, even just a vanilla bc... these are all simple and will compliment your flavours.

Suewillo Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 4

Thereis a Strawberries n' Cream Mousse recipe on here that is very yummy. I have used it and gotten awe's over it.
Sue

Apti Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena

You could fill it with a chocolate ganache or a chocolate bc or strawberry bc, even just a vanilla bc... these are all simple and will compliment your flavours.

Looked at your photos and you are obviously a skilled decorator/baker. I'd just take Sheena's advice and keep it simple with matching strawberry and chocolate buttercream in the respective layers. That will allow the best appearance of brown and pink in each tier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%