Thick Torso?

Decorating By amarilloyankee Updated 22 Oct 2010 , 5:17pm by Texas_Rose

amarilloyankee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amarilloyankee Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 12:45am
post #1 of 8

A friend of mine would like a boob cake with a thick torso (to the belly button) would you just do 2 heart shaped stacked for body?

7 replies
amarilloyankee Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 8

Anyone? Please?

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 8

When I use the heart pan, I trim the sides off to make more of a body shape. I use two cakes stacked for the torso. You can look in my photos at the cake with the black corset to see the shape I'm talking about. If your cake is dense then you can manage without boards and dowels under the boobs.

amarilloyankee Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 2:51am
post #4 of 8

Thank you so much dear!! I LOVE LOVE that boobie cake!! Great job!!! I hope I can be even a 1/4 as good as yours!! YOU ROCK

amarilloyankee Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 4:06pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks Texas Rose..I posted my "try" in my photos. It has a long way to go from being as amazing as yours! (fondant hates me!)

Texas_Rose Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 4:18pm
post #6 of 8

It came out great!

When I did mine, the fondant was giving me a really hard time too...I actually had to put the fondant on in sections. That's how I ended up with the red piping, to cover up the seams. And the pearl necklace at the top was to cover up a wrinkle icon_biggrin.gif even though they thought I added it as a naughty joke.

amarilloyankee Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 4:59pm
post #7 of 8

I hate how the top part looks! I tried doing a strap to cover up my creases ugghh!! I am so fondant retarded its not even funny!! I keep hearing I will get better but man I hate how it looks! Luckily everyone I make a cake for (friends) knows I have only been making cakes since April!

Texas_Rose Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 5:17pm
post #8 of 8

Be patient with yourself! There's plenty of time to learn everything you want to do.

I usually chill my cakes before I cover them, so that if I need to move the fondant a little to get it just right it doesn't disturb the frosting underneath.

There are just some days when fondant won't cooperate...I haven't figured out how to fix that, just how to work around it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%