Totally Shocked - No Separators And No Supports ............

Decorating By cakesbybert Updated 8 Aug 2011 , 9:03pm by Rudd

krumbledkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krumbledkakes Posted 7 Aug 2011 , 11:44pm
post #61 of 65

IMO, it depends on the person. I am by no means an expert and know my cakes aren't wonderful...but there are those people who make 1 cake and think they know everything there is to know. Those are the people I would not share info with. Sounds mean, but I can believe it would be extremely irritating to those who have worked so hard to research, practice, and spend tons of money for their knowledge; regardless if it's about baking, animals, clothes, or...nail polish

I try to offer information on what I have read and researched, and if it's wrong or there is an easier way, I'm very open to the information and appreciate it. Even if comments or feedback are hurtful, there's always information there that can change a disaster into a beautiful, tasty cake.

Nazarine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nazarine Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 1:17am
post #62 of 65

I would mention supports and then just let it be. She'll either realize she's been making a mistake and correct it or she won't. I'm not saying give her a tutorial or anything like that!

As for worrying about posting questions...I used to be intimidated but I figure what the heck. I have questions, ya'll have answers, there is this groovy forum, so why not? Yeah, I've seen a few snarky comments here and there but I just ignore them. It's like the avalanche of advice you get when you announce you're pregnant - take what you need, toss the rest, smile, and move on.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 6:44am
post #63 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazarine

I would mention supports and then just let it be. She'll either realize she's been making a mistake and correct it or she won't. I'm not saying give her a tutorial or anything like that!

As for worrying about posting questions...I used to be intimidated but I figure what the heck. I have questions, ya'll have answers, there is this groovy forum, so why not? Yeah, I've seen a few snarky comments here and there but I just ignore them. It's like the avalanche of advice you get when you announce you're pregnant - take what you need, toss the rest, smile, and move on.

thumbs_up.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 11:54am
post #64 of 65

This thread is so old I was surprised to see it again, but I'll repeat what I said before. I'd tell her about the supports because it isn't just her that would be suffering the consequences, there's also a bride who would be involved.

Rudd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rudd Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 9:03pm
post #65 of 65

Am I the only one that wondering how in the world did she cover this cake in fondant without the use of separators or cake boards? I'm stumped. Did she just roll out one huge sheet of fondant & drape over the entire cake or what?!? Please original poster can you fill me in on this mystery? I know I'm still a newbie but at least when I decided to go the fondant route I did some research on the correct way to do things.

I had a friend of mine that wanted me to help her w/ her kid's 2 tier stacked optimus prime transformer cake & when I arrived at the house she had the cakes stacked on top of each other & iced w/ absolutely no support & before we even made the mmf & covered them. I was in total shock & all I could do was shake my head at her. We had to pull it apart to cover it w/ the mmf & thankfully the cake didn't break apart when we separated it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%