Perishable Fillings

Decorating By yummy_in_my_tummy Updated 19 Oct 2010 , 4:29pm by yummy_in_my_tummy

yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 5

Hey Everyone!

I have a cake order for this Saturday. The top tier will be red velvet w/ cream cheese filing, and the bottom tier is white cake with vanilla pudding. I just read a thread about delivery vs. cutting time, etc because of persishable fillings. I initally thought a 12:00 delivery time would be fine for a 2:00 party, cake probably at 3:30ish, but now I'm starting to second guess myself....

Is 4 hours too long for it to sit out??

4 replies
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 5

Can anyone help?

tsal Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 5

I'm not an expert and I hope some more experienced cakers chime in, but if you're concerned, perhaps deliver at 1pm so that it's really only out for 3 he's or so? I doubt there would be a problem even at 4 hrs , but it's not worth the stress.

onceuponacake Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 5

when someone orders a cake with fruit, mousse or cream cheese filled cake, I always tell them the room should be cool because of the filling.

we delivered a 5 tiered cake last week and hubby had to stay to cut it. it was suppose to be cut at 930 he didnt cut til midnight!!!!! he had a piece and said the cake was still cool and tasted fine even though it had raspberry filling in it and had been sitting out since 6pm

yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 4:29pm
post #5 of 5

Awesome, thanks guys! I've just always used buttercream or ganache, so this perishable filling thing it new to me!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%