Has Anyone Ever Frozen Cake Batter??? (0:

Decorating By DivaWeava Updated 18 Oct 2010 , 8:44pm by indydebi

DivaWeava Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 4

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has ever frozen cake batter, and then unthawed it for baking.

I have a big event coming up in two weeks, and I have a lot of mini cupcakes to make.

I was given the suggestion to freeze the batter in the cupcake cups, and then unthaw and bake them the day before the event.

Has anyone ever done this, and how did it work?

Any other suggestions on how to manage a 1000 mini's would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

3 replies
leily Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 8:08pm
post #2 of 4

i just did a search for "Freeze Batter" of the forums as i remember seeing this topic come up a few times recently and here is one that has some people doing it. There was another one that i saw where someone did freeze the batter in the cupcake liners then pulled them out, let them thaw and bake and they had great results. I personally haven't tried it yet, but probably will over the next couple of months.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-695823-freeze.html+batter

DivaWeava Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

i just did a search for "Freeze Batter" of the forums as i remember seeing this topic come up a few times recently and here is one that has some people doing it. There was another one that i saw where someone did freeze the batter in the cupcake liners then pulled them out, let them thaw and bake and they had great results. I personally haven't tried it yet, but probably will over the next couple of months.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-695823-freeze.html+batter

Thank you! I read what they had to say, and I am going to get started on freezing my batters.

One of the posters asked if it was okay to freeze batters with fresh fruit juice (e.g. lemon juice), I will be making lemon cupcakes, and I was wondering if the fresh juice would be detrimental to the freezing process...

Anyone know?

Thanks! (0:

indydebi Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%