Curious About Kahlua

Decorating By caked4life Updated 19 Oct 2010 , 8:32am by scp1127

caked4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caked4life Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 5:44pm
post #1 of 7

This may be a silly question but...If I'm making a Kahlua filling, should I boil the Kahlua first to cook off the alcohol?

TIA!

6 replies
cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 5:52pm
post #2 of 7

Uh..why would you want to get rid of the alcohol?!?!

Just kidding...I don't know the answer but that was my first thought icon_smile.gif

caked4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caked4life Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 7:23pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattycornercakes

Uh..why would you want to get rid of the alcohol?!?!

Just kidding...I don't know the answer but that was my first thought icon_smile.gif

I guess I'm wondering about underage eaters. icon_lol.gif

sabriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabriana Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 7

I get what you are saying with regard to underage - I had someone request a Bailey's filling for a friends cake who was in AA!!!!

I would suggest a coffee or mocha flavour rather than Kahlua - if this is for an underage client.

jo3d33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo3d33 Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 7:52pm
post #5 of 7

I made a cake once with Kahlua bavarian cream for a friends going away party. I wasnt sure of the rules so I also made a few cupcakes for the "under 21" crowd. The recipe I use only has something like 3 tablespoons of kahula for a filling that would fill at least 2 8inch rounds. I will let my kids have it, but I wanted to make sure I didnt upset anyone at the party.

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 8:08pm
post #6 of 7

I serve Kahlua cake to anyone. The amount of alcohol is negligible by the time it is distributed through the recipe. The only thing I wouldn't serve minors is my Kahlua SOAKED cake, where there is about half a 5th of Kahlua poured over the cake.

Stephanie

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 8:32am
post #7 of 7

I agree with smbegg. If you are worried, divide the kahlua into the number of servings... not much. Also the kahlua is being served with food, not straight.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%