Chocolate Fabric

Decorating By pastrygirls Updated 19 Oct 2010 , 11:24pm by zespri

pastrygirls Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 8

hey all, i saw on a food network challenge, a guy made some chocolate "fabric" that worked kind of like modeling chocolate but stayed flexible like fabric. he said it was something he had been working on and it had gelatin. i was wondering if anybody has seen anything like this or has a recipe?? thanks!

7 replies
bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 4:54pm
post #2 of 8

You have to take his classes in Las Vegas to get the recipe. It's something he invented on his own.

pastrygirls Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 8

well that stinks. i was really hoping to use the techinique on a cake i have coming up

Kaylani Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 9:36pm
post #4 of 8

Who is the chef? icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 10:15pm
post #5 of 8

I forgot his name but he works with Ewald Notter. He's a young guy. I used to have his site bookmarked but my computer crashed and I lost a lot of stuff including all my bookmarks. icon_confused.gificon_cry.gif

imagenthatnj Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 10:59pm
post #6 of 8

His name is Chris Hanmer.

http://theschoolofpastrydesign.com/home/

Kaylani Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 11:15pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks!! icon_biggrin.gif

zespri Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 11:24pm
post #8 of 8

off topic: but have you tried something like delicious bookmarks? It is a web-based bookmark system, you sign up for an account, then you can access your bookmarks from anywhere as they are saved on the web. The beauty of it is you can add tags as well. So I could tag a site with: cake, decorating, chocolate, technique.... etc etc. Makes it SO much easier when looking for bookmarks. There are others as well as delicious, I'm just with them because they were the first to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

I forgot his name but he works with Ewald Notter. He's a young guy. I used to have his site bookmarked but my computer crashed and I lost a lot of stuff including all my bookmarks. icon_confused.gificon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%