Recipe For White Chocolate Ganache

Baking By cmccann43 Updated 20 Oct 2010 , 1:38am by sillywabbitz

cmccann43 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmccann43 Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 3:09am
post #1 of 4

I have not yet tried ganache under fondant and would love to try it. Can anyone give me a good recipe for white chocolate ganache? I have searched but cannot find one. Thanks!

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 3:20am
post #2 of 4

Here's a highly rated CC recipe for chocolate or white ganache:

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2116/chocolate-ganache-1

HTH

cmccann43 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmccann43 Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 1:18am
post #3 of 4

Thanks so much! Can't wait to try it!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 1:38am
post #4 of 4

if your looking for white chocolate as a filling or a coating then I think that recipe would be great but if you're planning on using it under fondant, I think you'll want to use the "setting ganache" recipe not the filling or poured ganache recipe. The recipe posted (which I can't wait to try) has a 2:1 choc to cream ratio and for white chocolate that is going to remain pretty soft on you, especially with the butter.

The method of ganache under fondant, recommends a 3:1 ratio for white chocolate to cream ganache and 2:1 for semi-sweet or dark chocolate.

Honestly I'm still struggling with using white chocolate ganache under my fondant. If you don't get the right kind of chocolate it doesn't always firm up on you. The white chocolate chips are oil, not cocoa butter so you want to use a different type of chocolate...maybe bakers, guittard or merkins.

I have had great success with the semi-sweet and dark chocolate under fondant. If you do get your white chocolate ganache to firm up well under you fondant, please post your recipe and brand of chocolate as I would love some more info on this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%