Need Some Ideas For A Cake!

Decorating By BecuzImAGurl Updated 19 Oct 2010 , 10:25pm by SugarFiend

BecuzImAGurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BecuzImAGurl Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 8

There is a friend who needed a cake for her special someone, though they arent boyfriend/girlfriend, but still go on dates and etc. All she gave me was that he likes colors black and white (tho she thinks its boring) and she wants something thats romantic and sweet. I have lots of ideas if its for a girl but I never made something for a guy besides something related to games or beer cake.

Any ideas?
icon_redface.gif

7 replies
zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 8

Have you seen the 'black and white' section of the galleries? That might be a good place to start. The first thing that came to mind was one of those silhouette cakes that have been popping up lately. Do a search for 'silhouette', you'll see what I mean. This one came up recently, I think it's gorgeous, but maybe TOO romantic for what you mean:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1832449

Sucrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sucrea Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 8

What about a simple white heartshaped cake with black scroll work? You could do a black and white cake with white chocolate dipped strawberries also. HTH

BecuzImAGurl Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 4:43am
post #4 of 8

thanks for the ideas!...yes I've been looking through the galleries...I wanted to do something that is like 'Awww...thats so sweet' and that cake looks great if its multi-tiered...I'm only doing a single layer.

I've settled on a theme - "You hold the key to my heart"
using teddy bears is the first thought...but dont really know how to go from there because I hate to make it childish or too girlie...I'm sure my friend will love it...hehehe, but we try not to stray too far from the fact that its for a guy.

SugarFiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFiend Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 12:34pm
post #5 of 8

I don't know if you've completely decided on an idea, but here's one...
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1748296.html

Maybe not this exactly... But it inspires me personally to see the whole black-white, yin-yang thing. Nix the flower and instead maybe put a little red heart and a key in the center where the colors meet... The heart and key could appeal to the girl, and the bold graphic of black and white for the guy. Maybe?

Just a thought!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 12:50pm
post #6 of 8

SugarFiend, I think that's a great idea!

here's a link to a CC thread about ideas for a man cake:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=694960&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

(But I still LOVE SugarFiend's idea)

BecuzImAGurl Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 8:13pm
post #7 of 8

Awww...thanks!! I'm so grateful for you, SugarFiend, to take time to help me with ideas...I should have replied back earlier...hahaha

yes that is a GREAT cake! I will definitely work around that idea...Thanks you so much SugarFiend and Apti!

SugarFiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFiend Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 10:25pm
post #8 of 8

Aww, I have warm fuzzies! icon_smile.gif

I'm glad I could help. I can't wait to see what you end up doing. Don't forget to post pics!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%