My Butter Cream Crusted - I Am So Freakin Proud!

Decorating By sweetmonkeycheese Updated 18 Oct 2010 , 12:34am by sweetmonkeycheese

sweetmonkeycheese Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 4

Women, ya just don't even know the hell I have been through w/ this whole making a cake. My feet are sore and my husband's feelings are bruised, BUT my butter cream crusted.

I have never made frosting before and my mixed is only half usable so I am really freaking proud of myself.

I even was able to smooth w/ the paper towel.. of course all I had on hand was the Wallyowrld brand so I have these weird, yet cool patterns. Of course I can't ice a cake for nothing so it's still lumpy from having too much frosting here, an unleveled cake there.. but still I am so happy.

3 replies
flowergirl1 Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 4

Hi sweetmonkeyface,I know how your feeling we have all been their,even the best of the best keep going good girl, you made me laugh x

indydebi Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 4

your subject line made me HAVE to pop in and read this and your rendition of "everythign that went wrong" and ended with "here's what went right" is a testimony to the right attitude we have to have to do this craft! you are ON it, girl! thumbs_up.gif

As Joyce Meyer says, "find the treasure in your trial" and you sure did!

The smile is still on my face for ya! icon_biggrin.gif

sweetmonkeycheese Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 12:34am
post #4 of 4

I was going be be a lil let down if I had work so hard and the frosting did not come out good, but knowing that it came out just fine w/ all the trouble I did have; then when things are easier it will be great!

hopefully once I get to know the kitchen and it tools it wont take me two days just to make one cake! lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%