Peppermint Oil In Chocolate Ganache

Baking By Sweet_Toof

Sweet_Toof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Toof Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 12:04pm
post #1 of 1

I am making a chocolate mud cake. I am going to layer it with chocolate ganache mixed with peppermint oil.
Well, I have the cake in the freezer for anothe few days but I thought I'd get the chocolate ganache mixed and ready for the weekend
I have never used peppermint oil before. I added about a small cap-full and tasted, I didn't think that did much so I added another. I thought I had it right so I got my partner to test. He said it needed a bit more. (w'e were tasting whilst it was still warm so I'm wondering if this was making a difference too)... I added one more cap-full and I had that freshness you get after brushing teeth! I think it was too much. I then tested on the rest of the
Family who said way too strong
SO,
how much peppermint oil SHOULD I be adding? It was only to 250ml cream & 500g dark chocolate.
I was thinking of making another batch of choc ganache and mixing together but I just don't know how far off I am.
I didn't realise how strong it was until tonight when I handled the bottle & ate something else and could taste it on my lips slightly!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%