[B]Need Lightning Mqueen Tutorial By This Weekend[/b]

Decorating By Morgana-rose Updated 17 Oct 2010 , 11:41am by joenshan

Morgana-rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Morgana-rose Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 10:07am
post #1 of 3

Hi there i have my newphew 5th birtday comming up and he wants a lightning mcqueen 3d cake i have looked on here but no one gives details on how they did it, i do not have a car cake pan and i cannot get one where i live, can someone please help

2 replies
LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 11:01am
post #2 of 3
joenshan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joenshan Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 11:41am
post #3 of 3

I made one of these a few months ago. I made a two layer cake and used a Lightening McQueen toy car as a guide when I carved it. I carved the cake while it was frozen, made it much easier.

I used gumpaste and food writer markers for the lightening bolts and Rusteze logo. I did those a couple days before hand so they were hard. This was great for the Rusteze logo, but not for the lightening bolts because they were flat and the car had curves, so they broke. I also used gumpaste for the white windshield and his eyes, but I did that last so the size would be exact.

Lessons learned: For the Rusteze logo, go to Google images and type in Rusteze Logo. Print one off in the approx size you'll need. Get a pack of food writer markers. Roll the Gumpaste thin enough to see through and place the printed logo underneath and trace it on the gumpaste. Mine turned out really good.

For the lightening bolts and windshield, do those while gumpaste is still pliable.

Use Americolor Red. I ended up using 2 whole jars of Wilton Red to get the color and it ruined the taste.

Use little chocolate donuts for the tires. Looks great and really easy.

I will see if I can get a photo posted in my photos for you to see.

Good luck, feel free to email me.
Shannon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%