I Am So Hurt...

Decorating By CakeMixCakery Updated 27 Dec 2010 , 5:46am by MollyGirl_17

CakeMixCakery Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 6:39am
post #1 of 18

My girl friend asked me if i could make her daughters birthday cake for her, and of course i say yes. My gf makes cakes but she said because of her medication her hands were shaking to bad to make the cake.

So i make a twilight themed birthday cake for a 9 year old girl. my gf and i were supposed to meet this morning... long story short she didn't leave on time and was not where we were supposed to meet (we live 2 hours from one another) i had somewhere important i had to bee with my family. So she said she will meet us there. She ran out of gas, and then missed the exit and was so late. i missed an important day with my family.

Anyway a few hours later i get a text from her saying "i hope you don't mind i made some changes to your cake" she sends me pictures and she painted on the cake and made it look completely different. Mind you this was a FREE cake. I mean really WTF?? I can not believe she changed the cake... i am so mad and hurt right now its not even funny...

17 replies
Evoir Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 7:23am
post #2 of 18

I'd be hurt too.

This kind of thoughtlessness on the part of 'friends' has been the impetus for many a CC'er (including yours truly) to initiate a policy of not doing cakes for friends anymore, OR only doing cakes for friends if its our idea. If they ask - they pay.

I'm sorry your feelings got hurt, but please use it as a learning experience for future reference icon_smile.gif

costumeczar Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 18

That's just weird. I'd be pissed off too.

TinasCookings Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 18

Some people are just rude and don't care about other peoples' feelings... icon_sad.gif
It's OK to be upset, I think anyone of us would be icon_sad.gif

Kellbella Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 7:23pm
post #5 of 18

So her hands were good enough to change things on your cake icon_confused.gif but she couldn't make a cake herself?? Sounds like she was lazy and took advantage of you... I wouldv'e been so steamed if that was my cake. icon_mad.gif

UpAt2am Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 7:27pm
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellbella

So her hands were good enough to change things on your cake icon_confused.gif but she couldn't make a cake herself?? Sounds like she was lazy and took advantage of you... I wouldv'e been so steamed if that was my cake. icon_mad.gif

good point! ugh, some people. i wouldn't be able to not say something, and i'd probably say, "funny that your hands were good enough to change the cake" dripping with sarcasm. and see what she says from there.

hilly Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 8:18pm
post #7 of 18
Quote:

Exactly. Yes.

Sweet_Toof Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 10:54pm
post #8 of 18

wow! I'd definitely be thinking twice about doing something for her again!

Tee-Y Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 11:15pm
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins_Pastries

. My gf makes cakes but she said because of her medication her hands were shaking to bad to make the cake.
Anyway a few hours later i get a text from her saying "i hope you don't mind i made some changes to your cake" she sends me pictures and she painted on the cake

Huh???? icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif With shaking hands???Its very difficult to paint with shaking hands!!!She just took advantage of your friendship and that's a shame! thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif !!!

sweetnessx3 Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 11:25pm
post #10 of 18
Quote:

Kellbella took the words right out of my mouth!!!!

GenGen Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 12:33am
post #11 of 18

i had one where we had worked on the cake together, i taught her how to make mmf and decorate with it and other stuff. and right in front of me at the occasion she told some one when they asked who made it "I did" i didn't say anything waiting for her to realize what she said =- she then added that we had worked on it together. but i heard for years after that her telling others she had done it.

when i had posted pics online of the cake it was clearly captioned that we had Both worked on it etc.

tokazodo Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 12:57am
post #12 of 18

I'm really sorry you had such a bad day. Been there, done that!
(Not the cake change, just the rest of it, rushing around, running out of gas etc..) I'm sorry you were taken advantage of. Sometimes people take advantage of those of us who are so quick to give. Being quick to give is not a sin.

I once had a psychology teacher who said, "There is no such thing as a bad experience, so long as we make it a positive learning experience."
That was quoted to me over 30 years ago and I still repeat it to myself often. It is all in how we look at the situation.

Did you learn anything today? IF you learned something new, about yourself or about others, then it was a good day. You learned something and perhaps grew as a human being.

Try to be nice to yourself. Try to have a restful evening and please don't beat yourself up for missing out on the family event. Stuff happens, life happens and tomorrow is another day.
It's up to us to make the best of it with what we've got.

Peace out!

icon_cool.gif

jenscreativity Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 1:08am
post #13 of 18

true friends,,wouldn't do that..a lesson learned on being picky whom you trust as a friend to you..I would be done with the friendship,,but that's me. For you to have to miss an impt day and all,,,uh, uh..not here..not worth my time anymore..

solascakes Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 6:22pm
post #14 of 18

sorry you had to go thru that

KimberleysOven Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 6:32pm
post #15 of 18

I'd be hurt too. Did you let her know? Maybe she doesn't realise what effect her actions have had. If it was me, I'd let the other person know - after I'd calmed down a bit though.

Aside from that, did you take photos before you handed it over? I'd love to see it.

-K8memphis Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 6:42pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:

Oh good thinking! Which then begs the question what's her hands shaking from?

icer101 Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 7:35pm
post #17 of 18

i am sorry this happened to you. I had a friend to do me the same way some years back on a christmas wreath. Not a cake. I was asked my another member to make 2 christmas wreaths for the front of the church. I was really proud of them. To find out later from the member that had asked me to do these. that my friend totally rearranged the wreath like she wanted it. Never did another wreath for that church again. I was really ticked and hurt. So , don,t let this happen to you again. hth i forgot to say that my friend brought in a pic of the wreaths after she had adjusted them. i totally wouldn,t look at them. i turned to do something else. I don,t do people like that and i don,t appreciate getting done that way.

MollyGirl_17 Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 5:46am
post #18 of 18

Cripes..what is wrong with people? If she wanted to have a part in making her daughters cake, why didn't she just say so? How hard would have it been for her to say "you know b/c of my hands I can't bake much, but I would love to do some of of the decorating. Could you do this, this and this, and when I get it home I'm going do add that, that and that?" Ugh. Why ask you do make the entire cake if she wanted to change it? I'm sorry your friends rudeness spoiled your day. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%