How To Get A Nice Dark Brown With Royal Icing

Baking By Normita Updated 17 Oct 2010 , 4:37pm by Normita

Normita Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 6:02am
post #1 of 8

I have the americolor chocolate brown but its looking like "chocolate brown"....I want a nice dark brown...can I add some black or something...or what should I do??

7 replies
Dommers Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 6:17am
post #2 of 8

I've started with a chocolate RI and then added the brown that helps a lot

Normita Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 6:54am
post #3 of 8

I started with white. What do I do now....can I add melted chocolate to royal icing?

tipsytaartje Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 10:56am
post #4 of 8

I added some cacao powder, some brown and black foodcoloring, that made perfect dark brown ri :Y

DianeLM Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 3:28pm
post #5 of 8

I've used the Hershey's Special Dark cocoa for a deep brown RI.

obsessed Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 3:38pm
post #6 of 8

I use gel paste and will mix in red and green until I get a nice dark brown....I alternate a little of each until I get the color I want.

Normita Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 4:31pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone for their suggestions. I did end up using the dark cocoa powder and it worked!! I got a nice dark brown, but was wondering if the cocoa powder messes up the consistency....after added the cocoa powder it was a little bit runny despite adding extra powdered sugar. But it ended up using it like that icon_smile.gif

Normita Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 4:37pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks everyone for their suggestions. I did end up using the dark cocoa powder and it worked!! I got a nice dark brown, but was wondering if the cocoa powder messes up the consistency....after added the cocoa powder it was a little bit runny despite adding extra powdered sugar. But it ended up using it like that icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%