3-D Figures

Decorating By jak27booboo Updated 17 Oct 2010 , 2:15am by apetricek

jak27booboo Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 1:29am
post #1 of 4

hello, so this is my first day on this website i uploaded a few photos of my cakes, more to come =) anywhoo im barely learing how to do everything and one of the big questions i have is whats best for making 3-D figures..this week im making a bboy cake for my boyfriends birthday but im scared the bboy will come out ugly or fall apart =( lol anyways any advice is greatly appricated, thank you so much =) icon_smile.gif

3 replies
Renaejrk Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 1:54am
post #2 of 4

Welcome to CC! This is a great place to learn from lots of great people!

I personally use fondant with a little tylose added. If you haven't used tylose before you can usually find it at a baking supply or online. You can use modeling chocolate or gumpaste too. I usually have fondant on hand though so it makes it easier for me to do something when I need it!

jak27booboo Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 1:58am
post #3 of 4

thank you for your reply..and i havent used it before but ill take your word for it and give it a try..thank you so much!! thumbs_up.gif

apetricek Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 2:15am
post #4 of 4

I too use fondant too. Just make sure you allow enough time for it to dry and set up. I have found too that sometimes you need to make things in stages. For some things I use a rice crispie treat molded shape and then cover in fondant. For example a round object, building..hat etc..I have noticed too the more I do the better and easier it gets...LOL...good luck I know there are a ton of things on here to use as reference, and also youtube had a ton of things...good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%