Animal Prints On Fondant

Decorating By kisamarie Updated 18 Oct 2010 , 4:53pm by kisamarie

kisamarie Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 8:24pm
post #1 of 8

I'm not loving the way my stuck on fondant animal print looks on my cakes, its not clean looking. Does anyone have any suggestions for rolling the print into the fondant?

7 replies
AnitaK Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 8

What kind of animal print are you doing?

kisamarie Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 8:27pm
post #3 of 8

Giraffe, Zebra, and leopard

Kellbella Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 8:29pm
post #4 of 8

You can paint them on if you like. What don't you like about them?

kisamarie Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 8:34pm
post #5 of 8

I guess I dont like the way it looks because its raised and looks weird to me, maybe its just me. If I was to paint it on what would I use... Sorry Im new to this cake art stuff and I probably sound silly, if you look at my pictures you can see the giraffe cake I just finished and theres something about the pattern that looks bad, I mean other than the dry edges on the fondant, first try at Chocolate MMFicon_wink.gif

Kellbella Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 12:21pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisamarie

I guess I dont like the way it looks because its raised and looks weird to me, maybe its just me. If I was to paint it on what would I use... Sorry Im new to this cake art stuff and I probably sound silly, if you look at my pictures you can see the giraffe cake I just finished and theres something about the pattern that looks bad, I mean other than the dry edges on the fondant, first try at Chocolate MMFicon_wink.gif

You can mix your colors with a little vodka or lemon extract to thin it out. That's what I did when I painted a leopard print on my jungle cake. Maybe try rolling it out a little thinner next time...that might help thumbs_up.gif

bakencake Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 1:13pm
post #7 of 8

let me see if I got it right, you just stuck your fondant on top of your fondant right, that's why it's raised? just roll both of the fondants together. they will smooth out. that's what i did on my zebra, giraffe, and cheetah print in my pics. I was tight on fondant so I just made fondant sleeves around all butter cream cakes to get this look.

kisamarie Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 4:53pm
post #8 of 8

Those are both great ideas! I will try them both and see what happens, the cake is for my little gorls first birthday on November 5th icon_wink.gif so I have some time to try out some options!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%