Help With Nfsc Dough

Baking By Newatdecorating Updated 20 Oct 2010 , 4:08am by cheatize

Newatdecorating Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 7

I have previously made a batch that I froze and knew the texture wasn't right after I made it. Got it out to cut and bake. Sure enough, they didn't keep their shape. Made another batch of dough and the same thing. Both times it doesn't seem to be firm and it's sticky. Using the same recipe that I have been using, but never had this problem. Any suggestions?

6 replies
cheatize Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 4:50am
post #2 of 7

What wasn't right about the texture?

Newatdecorating Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 12:02pm
post #3 of 7

It was too sticky and was sticky to my fingers. Has never happened like that before and I was using the same recipe and did everything just as I have done it in the past. Even when I went to roll it out, I could tell by looking at it that it wasn't right. I picked it up and usually it is pretty firm, doesn't want to sag, when I go around the edges. But not this time. It wasn't wanting to hold it's shape when I did that.

cheatize Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 3:05am
post #4 of 7

Did you use a different brand of anything?

Newatdecorating Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 10:55am
post #5 of 7

No, same of everything.

bonniebakes Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 11:05am
post #6 of 7

It sounds like perhaps there wasn't enough flour in the batch. Sometimes flour can be finicky and you may need to adjust the amounts based on other things... for example, was it a humid day or rainy day? If so, the moisture in the air may have contributed to the stickiness.

cheatize Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 4:08am
post #7 of 7

My first thought was flour, too. You'll have to be careful if you add more. Too much and the cookies will be tough.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%